The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Shifter bushings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ive heard bad things about the drop in bushings, they bind up after getting dirty and just end up being a pain....i went with the bearing inserts...a bi*** to get in, but are super smooth.

My searching hasn't specified wether they will help me or not. >.> The last few sites i looked for, directed to a ExtremePSI page that doesn't exist any more.

I could call them tomorrow. @.@

I got some of the brass ones a few years ago off ebay, and they have been holding up just fine. Shifter felt so much more solid after installing them, no more of that mushy feeling. I also added the energy suspension shifter base bushings some time later.

Would that kit solve this problem?

No, It stops the shifter base from moving. The actual Symborski kit comes with a rod that goes through the pivot point that moves the shifter side to side, but even that won't help you.

Looking at this site: Symborski Shifter Kit Install
It's been a while since I've pulled one apart, but using that site in the link as a guide, I think there are two bushings (there may be only one) sort of like the bushings used in the clutch pedal. Look at the second pic from the bottom.

This thread references the bushings you need and says they are plastic, but there is no mention of where to get them. Maybe JNZ?

Guess who's back, Back again. Shifter's broke, pivot pin. Can't go back, can't go back, can't go back.

Eminem joke aside, the bushings I installed back then are still going great. How ever, the furthest bushing back is gone. Heck of a time getting into 5th gear, and can't go into reverse. Car's sitting at work, in the parking lot with the shifter in pieces.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Dead center. With the circlip, is it the same as the 4 in the shifer itself? Researching as I am posting this, I'll change it when I find my answer.

Guess who's back, Back again. Shifter's broke, pivot pin. Can't go back, can't go back, can't go back.

Eminem joke aside, the bushings I installed back then are still going great. How ever, the furthest bushing back is gone. Heck of a time getting into 5th gear, and can't go into reverse. Car's sitting at work, in the parking lot with the shifter in pieces.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Dead center. With the circlip, is it the same as the 4 in the shifer itself? Researching as I am posting this, I'll change it when I find my answer.

And with another set of bushings, the left to right is fixed. I can go into reverse again. And to answer my own question, yes, it's the same as the other pivot bushing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back