The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

new diff, b m shifter, bushings now no reverse and sticks in 5th

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1999

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 10, 2005
oakland, Maine
I just installed a quaife lsd, b and m short shifter, new motor mounts, symborski shift kit, and new cable end bushings. NOW.... I cant shift into reverse at all, it seems like it isn't even there and 5th gear is hard to find, you can get it in but when you do it's really hard to pull it out of gear. I am hoping it is just something to do with the linkage but if it is something in the tranny, what would it be the shifting fork? HELP PLEASE!!

i Would say its in your linkage, But cant say for sure because i don't know much about this stuff, But good luck and if you have to you can always take it to a tranny shop and have them look at it

I figured it out it WAS the linkage, which is awesome. The bracket that the two guides with the elephant clips on them were loose and angled a little funny so i bent the bracket a litlle and tightened the whole thing down, now the car shifts incredibly im very impressed with the whole set up now

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back