The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

[RESOLVED] BW s256 boost issues!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

by the way was the head warped cause of th hg? Or did you you just have to replace the hg and you were done?

The head wasn't therefore i just replaced the head gasket. I don have a turbo timer yet i just sit in the car a few minutes before turning it off. The only thing i upgraded was the exhaust housing. Did you send your turbo to bullseye or the vendor who you bought it from?

The head wasn't therefore i just replaced the head gasket. I don have a turbo timer yet i just sit in the car a few minutes before turning it off. The only thing i upgraded was the exhaust housing. Did you send your turbo to bullseye or the vendor who you bought it from?

30 Seconds is plenty of cool down time as long your you weren't doing a WOT pull into your parking spot.

I dont know how but bullseye is telling me oil starvation. I dont know how line straight from the oil filter housing. He said its 700 for the repair and he would spilt it with me so 350.00 and thats with the upgrade.

Ok Just got off the phone with david and he is upgrading it to a s259. The only thing I can think off now is about a month ago I hit something at night and it bent one of my lines that goes to the oil cooler and it cause a leak I drove the car about 10 miles before i noticed it and fixed it by replacing the line. Maybe the turbo had oil going to it but not enough the car was about a qt and half short when it happened. So im not going to say these turbos are bad or bad mouth bullseye, I do know that if a turbo has oil stravation it would have locked up then. It never locked up and that was a month ago. David did say that the s259 flows over 60lbs/min.

Ok Just got off the phone with david and he is upgrading it to a s259. The only thing I can think off now is about a month ago I hit something at night and it bent one of my lines that goes to the oil cooler and it cause a leak I drove the car about 10 miles before i noticed it and fixed it by replacing the line. Maybe the turbo had oil going to it but not enough the car was about a qt and half short when it happened. So im not going to say these turbos are bad or bad mouth bullseye, I do know that if a turbo has oil stravation it would have locked up then. It never locked up and that was a month ago. David did say that the s259 flows over 60lbs/min.

Holy cow! I should have upgraded mine:coy:

No DAVID said s259 this is not a typo. He said it flows over 60lbs/min he said its new.

Well that's pretty interesting.
Geoff at Full-Race has been saying for quite a while that there are some new turbos coming from Borg Warner. Maybe this is one of them. It's also interesting that on the web page it shows that turbo available only with divided turbine housings.

Gary

It comes in dsm flanged .55 ar Im sure the t3 flows alot better though. Less back pressure. Any how the turbo will be here thrusday. I will keep your guys updated on the s259 since i just had a s256 I will be able to compare the two.

on that website it looks like it says t3 .55 and .70, i could be wrong though.

Are you getting it from bullseye with a bolt on .55 housing?

I just got an e-mail back from Michael Kinsman (Tuning Alliance) saying that the turbine wheel in the S259 is "69.5mm / 61.5mm same as S256". That's interesting because as far as I know the S256's have all been coming with a 74mm / 64mm turbine wheel. If they have switched over now to the smaller turbine wheel these things should be spooling a little sooner than they were with the 74/64.
Do you guys know what size turbine wheels you have in your rigs?

Gary

I just got an e-mail back from Michael Kinsman (Tuning Alliance) saying that the turbine wheel in the S259 is "69.5mm / 61.5mm same as S256". That's interesting because as far as I know the S256's have all been coming with a 74mm / 64mm turbine wheel. If they have switched over now to the smaller turbine wheel these things should be spooling a little sooner than they were with the 74/64.
Do you guys know what size turbine wheels you have in your rigs?

Gary

Well here are the specs on my s256 taken straight from my invoice!

Your order:
Qty 1- S256 DSM wastegated Outlet 69.5/61.5 Turbine Wheel 0.55 A/R

Well here are the specs on my s256 taken straight from my invoice!

Your order:
Qty 1- S256 DSM wastegated Outlet 69.5/61.5 Turbine Wheel 0.55 A/R

I like that, and since you ordered yours right from bullseye it probably means that the 69.5/61.5 is their "default" turbine wheel now for the S200's, unless you specified it like an option.
I've always been interested in this smaller wheel because it seemed to me like it would be the way to go on a street driven 2 liter mitsu, to get earlier spool. I mean really, 74/64 is the size of a P trim! But when I asked bullseye about it last year they didn't seem very interested, and AGP also went with the bigger 74/64 wheel for their version of the S256. Full-Race says they are going to sell their twin-scroll S256 with the 69.5/61.5mm. Funny how things go sometimes.

Gary

I like that, and since you ordered yours right from bullseye it probably means that the 69.5/61.5 is their "default" turbine wheel now for the S200's, unless you specified it like an option.
I've always been interested in this smaller wheel because it seemed to me like it would be the way to go on a street driven 2 liter mitsu, to get earlier spool. I mean really, 74/64 is the size of a P trim! But when I asked bullseye about it last year they didn't seem very interested, and AGP also went with the bigger 74/64 wheel for their version of the S256. Full-Race says they are going to sell their twin-scroll S256 with the 69.5/61.5mm. Funny how things go sometimes.

Gary

That's very interesting! No i didn't specify any certain size wheels so it must be standard.

This is from david at bullsyes "Well, we've had the S259 for over a year now. It's just 1mm bigger than the 258, in fact most people that have a 258 really have a 259. We didn't think anyone would complain" I asked him if the wheels were the same and for a compressor map this is what he stated " yes, the TW is the same. The 258 is the 259 map on our site, just need to get our webmaster to update it along with a million other things on his list." So this is the latest map for the s258 or should I say s259
Bullseye Power Turbos

This is from david at bullsyes "Well, we've had the S259 for over a year now. It's just 1mm bigger than the 258, in fact most people that have a 258 really have a 259. We didn't think anyone would complain" I asked him if the wheels were the same and for a compressor map this is what he stated " yes, the TW is the same. The 258 is the 259 map on our site, just need to get our webmaster to update it along with a million other things on his list." So this is the latest map for the s258 or should I say s259
Bullseye Power Turbos

Thanks matt! I just upgraded mine to the 259:sneaky: so next weekend i will be at the dyno. the turbo will be shipped tomorrow!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back