The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Rad Fan Wiring without Connectors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deeno

Probationary Member
Jun 2, 2019
Des Moines, Iowa
Just looking for some insight on this.

This week I’m going to be wiring in a new set of radiator fans; however, I can’t use the connectors for it.

My passenger side fan connector is completely fried and my drivers side one is gone. (One of the past owners removed it and soldered the fan directly to the harness with speaker wire)

Im wondering if anyone has wired their fans directly to the harness (no connectors) and how you did so. Any practical advice or tips for me would be greatly appreciated.

(Here’s some pictures of the fried connector I’m looking to bypass so you can see what I’m talking about. The other one is literally just a taped off nub of speaker wire)

Attachments

• 7725C757-BD89-4F89-9033-7B5FAAD8A08E.jpeg
    7725C757-BD89-4F89-9033-7B5FAAD8A08E.jpeg
    582.8 KB · Views: 59
  • E6A11373-DDD8-4124-815F-4D6D8E792CD1.jpeg
    E6A11373-DDD8-4124-815F-4D6D8E792CD1.jpeg
    568.7 KB · Views: 61
If you wired the fans directly to the harness, you wouldn't be able to remove them separately. Your best bet would be to retrace the wires that the PO "soldered", and replace the speaker wire with the proper wiring, and install an aftermarket 4-pin connector set so that you can have it able to be disconnected, and it'll be properly wired up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back