The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

alternator wiring harness connectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3kgt2nv

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2011
poughkeepsie, New_York
I just switched form a 90 engine control and engine bay wiring harness and have a question about the alternator. on a 91-94 gsx does the harness have a plug that connects to the brown connector on the actual alternator? or does it just use the wire that comes off the post?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

All 1Gs should have the two wire plug that goes to the brown connector.

thats weird as i took the engine bay harness out and there was no plug that went into the brown connector or one even near the right sport for the alternator to plug into.

do you know where there is an actual picture of the plug and where it ties into the harness.

I have searched but all i can find are threads without pics

Do you not have the '90 harness to compare to? It'll look the same. This is the best I find after a quick search and my engine is a little too warm to snap a picture: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/296055-alternator-wiring-problem.html.

EDIT: Note on this plug, the release tab is missing as it broke off some time ago.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

There's a yellow wire (which probably doesn't look yellow anymore) that runs to the engine fuse box, fuse 4, and a black and white wire that turns into the white wire that runs to the alternator/generator relay. It emerges from the harness at the same location the other alternator wire, the oil filter housing wires, and power steering pressure switch connector come from. But if it isn't there, you may need to start tracking it down in the rest of the harness.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back