The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

rad fan relay issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killereclipse

Probationary Member
Oct 28, 2002
Morgan City, Louisiana
radiator fan was working fine the other day. Engine came up to temp, fan kicked on, no problems. today, car started to overheat a bit and I had to hit my a/c button to get the fans blowing and temp down. what could possibly cause this? I saw 3 relays under the hood marked rad. fan so I dont really know where to start.

radiator fan was working fine the other day. Engine came up to temp, fan kicked on, no problems. today, car started to overheat a bit and I had to hit my a/c button to get the fans blowing and temp down. what could possibly cause this? I saw 3 relays under the hood marked rad. fan so I dont really know where to start.

switch the a/c fan relay (which is obviously working) with the engine fan. If it works then the engine fan relay is bad and needs replacing. If not, it could be temp sensor or ecu.

I'll check that out in the morning. I wasnt sure if they were all the same type of relay or if there were different. thanks

well i checked the relays and that seems to all be good. so now I've got to check the temp sensor. I'm thinking I may have a stuck thermostat because it still runs a little on the hot side when i have the ac fan on. Also, I'm not getting much heat through the heater right now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back