The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Products the DSM crowd would like to see made

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would like a duct that goes from the bumper to the side factory port next to the air cleaner. Or like others said the evo hood with removable cover but add a vent above the air cleaner to force fresh air in. I don't really want to mess with trying to remove my headlight to get fresh air.

I second the adjustable WGA with more travel than stock to help alleviate creep. Can use a piston type instead of diaphram type.

1) 2G Carbon fiber fog light bezels (entire blanks like the one below)

80049d1202513022-2-parts-i-wish-someone-made-dsc033210-close.jpg

I second that, I would buy those in a heartbeat. I'm sure any of us that have an IC that requires the removal of foglights would want them.

9. We carry Mitsu OEM replacement quarters, rockers, etc.

Do you have any pictures of the quarters or installed on any DSM's? Our 1g's are unibody as you know, I can see install being a PITA. I would be interested down the road though.

Another one:
1g tire hump/trunk replacement. I'd love to have it flat back there. Precut sheet metal with supports would be sweet.

* a 1g widebody kit that actually looks good.(most body kits for 1gs are disgusting)
* clear 1g side marker lenses. (already exist but are hard to find)
* 1g fender flares
* cheaper rwd conversion kits (the torque converter is rediculously priced) $1000.00+

Definitely X2. This along with some tubular suspension/ chassis parts and anyone into roadrace would buy it. Carbon fiber flares would be great, but even fiberglass. Even better would be flares that had provisions to be removed/installed easily for suspension adjustments/repairs. Then all we would have to worry about is chopping up the rear 1/4 panel, drill a couple bolt holes or something and your done; for those wanting 245mm+ tires

First few suggestions of products I'd like to see made and sold by our Supporting Vendors:

- 1G Racing Tubular Lower Front Control Arms. These used to be available but are not anymore. I'd like to see something that is strong enough for road racing and yet lighter than the factory pieces. Weight savings in the front of the car is gold. Here's an example:
67647d1157571769-rear-toe-arms-control-617escd.jpg

- 1G Racing Tubular K-Member. Again, strong enough for road racing and lighter than the factory piece. Weight savings in the front of the car is gold. Here's a thread where one was being discussed:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt-tech/272492-custom-tubular-k-member.html

- 1G Redesigned Motor Mounts. The timing belt-side motor mount on the 1G is big, bulky, and is not used on the 2G. There should be some way to ditch it for a lighter weight version and free up space. Again, strong enough for road racing and lighter than the factory piece.

- Engine Dampers. This is a piggy back on the motor mount idea. Stiffen up the engine bay.

- 1G Complete Rear Trailing Arm/Spindle Assembly. I know this is not likely to happen but boy would this be nice to see. Completely get rid of the rear active toe assembly with a lighter weight piece that will give us better options for rear brake calipers and rotors, not to mention other options. How great would that be? Again, strong enough for road racing and lighter than the factory piece.

- 1G tubular front crash beam. Replace the big boxy crash beam with a tubular piece that has provisions for the bumper cover mounting bolts. Options could include a tow hook mount. Strength of the factory piece but stiffer, lighter, and less bulky.

- 1G Front Lower Tubular Motor Mount Cross Member. This is the lower cross member that bolts up just below and aft of the radiator on a 1G. The front motor mount bolts to this. It would be nice to see a tubular piece made up that includes a provision to attach the motor mount. Again, strong enough for road racing and lighter than the factory piece.

- 1G Rear Toe Eliminator Kit. Previously available from DSS. This is a no-brainer.

- 1G Rear Upper and Lower Control Arms. Adjustable heim joint-mounted arms like the ones seen in these photos:
67646d1157571769-rear-toe-arms-control-8985scd.jpg

Again, strong enough for road racing and lighter than the factory piece.

- 1Ga and 1Gb Functional Front Bumper Cover. For those of us who want more air to go through the FMIC and other coolers but don't want to look like we should be showing our car at Hot Import Nights. Something subtle, yet functional. Something that retains the body lines and overall spirit of the factory look. I can draw one up that will look 100 times better than anything on the market right now.

I'll post other ideas later.
Good ideas too dude. Especially I want those rear toe eliminator kits.. And not to be super expensive. I know they can be made cheaper than 300 bux.

Serpantine belt conversion. This would prevent throwing belts and would also help stop belt squeal. I have had to replace a radiator on my car due to a thrown alternator belt.

Do you have any pictures of the quarters or installed on any DSM's? Our 1g's are unibody as you know, I can see install being a PITA. I would be interested down the road though.

Another one:
1g tire hump/trunk replacement. I'd love to have it flat back there. Precut sheet metal with supports would be sweet.

Replacemtne qurters are not a DIY item...it is a very involved process. fyi..

+1 on the mass produced tubular k-member, but in the price range of the mustangs which are $2xx insttead of the high priced custom one made.

+1 on the tubular control arms

+1 on the 3.5" exhaust system

Aluminum rear driveshaft

Fiberglass doors that use the regular door handles. one company makes a pair for $590 but they won't accept factory handles inside or out. And they don't look like they would use the factory latch.

A transfer case upgrade like the one that the driveshaft shop used to make. Shep makes an upgrade but it is $2xxx. For that price I will keep a few extra stock ones on hand.

Premolded windows for the doors like the flex-a-lite rears

o2 housing for a v-band outlet turbo that mounts to a stock style downpipe

A downpipe made for a v-band outlet turbo

+1 ^^

a carbon fiber valve cover

If it would work +1

A bolt-on,good, tough ,reliable, skid plate for a 1g. Or a kit that you just supply the main steel or aluminum plate and they provide everything else...

+1 on that one too. I cant believe I didnt think of that earlier, but thats a great idea.

Def second the foglight covers. Don't even car what its made off. Cheaper LSD for the 420a. Dual intank fuel pump bracket that is cheaper than the one available.

Looks like I will just be making one at Purdue then. I can make that basically for free, gotta love school :)

I like the billet style motor mount idea, but it cannot have polyurethane inserts because I put the inserts into my stock mounts on my car 2 years ago and couldn't stand them. It vibrates insanely. After about a month I had to sell them and just buy new mounts.

Another thing I would like to see even though I do not need it is an option for the 96-99 ECU's. Someone needs to hack that bastard so that 95 eeprom ecu's are not required. They are becoming too hard to find. Without an EEPROM there is nothing that can be done unless you want to drop $1500 for an AEM EMS. Back in the day when I first got into the game in 2000 there was an XS engineering ECU that had some board wired into a 97, but all that could do was make it into a TMO style chip. Something similar to that in a DSMlink style datalogging deal would be cool.

I'd definitely like to see some front knuckles that mount up the EVO Brembos. The rears could be built into a custom hub assembly that goes with an entire rear tubular subframe ala Marco's 2G stuff.

+1, for a 2g please!

420a Down pipes (for us turbo guys duh)
Performance tranny parts for the A604
Heat shields for the 420a hahn mani and turbo
And many more 420a parts

Which is always out of stock... Why even have them on your website if you can't actually sell them? Oh well!

I'd like to see a DSM performance parts store here in Iowa.

I'm sick of relying on the internet for my parts. If any vendor was interested in starting a store around here that'd be great, I'd be able to prove to you that there is a large amount of willing customers available here in the Des Moines, IA area.

:dsm::talon::laser:

Local Iowa DSM Parts vendor: ImportEvolution.com - Import Performance Parts, DSM, WRX, Supra, Honda

Local Iowa Fabrication shop (owners have nothing but dsm's) Tab-Fabrication

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back