The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Products the DSM crowd would like to see made

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delta448- PART

That link also has the doors I talked about in one of my posts. You cant use the factory handles on them and I'm not sure about the latch.

This is where I am ordering my hood and hatch from. Mitsubishi
The hood weighs 10 lbs and the hatch weighs 8.

A while ago, cars were rolling off the line with four on the floor. Then five-speeds became the standard. Now six speed transmissions are expected when buying a stick shift.

I know it would entail a little more R&D than most DSM shops are willing to invest but, then again, I never expected anyone to produce a DSM Dogbox.

A while ago, cars were rolling off the line with four on the floor. Then five-speeds became the standard. Now six speed transmissions are expected when buying a stick shift.

I know it would entail a little more R&D than most DSM shops are willing to invest but, then again, I never expected anyone to produce a DSM Dogbox.

PPG Shep and a few others make a dog box... I've always knew someone would.

A 6 speed would cost a lot to do though.

How about a conversion kit for 1ga & 1gb fwd to make it independent suspension in the rear. The beam style rear suspension sucks.
Don't know if they sell it but a brace for rear AWD suspension (rear diff housing) for 1g
+1 on tubular suspension components and cross member
+1 Billet motormounts
+1 carbon fiber center console ( it would look ill)

i have seen it many times in fiberglass and CF...for the n/a's

There is no hood that i am aware of that is made only for n/a's. The reason theres no bump is because the whole center of the hood is raised. If you look at my pics you will see thats the way my hood is and it is the way all aftermarket hoods for our cars are. (once again that i know of)

And just so you know i hate you because you live in my dream city :p

Well first off, some great ideas have been put out there. Personally, I'd like to see:

1)Projector or projector style 1G headlights.

2)Billet Motor mounts (seems to be pretty popular) for a 1G

3)Any tubular suspension parts to lighten the car up for a 1G. (good job Ludacris on hitting all those points and for this thread/site)

4) Some type of "improved" shifter cables for a 1Gb

5) A bolt in roll cage for a 1G with mounting points at the pivoting points of the stock seats (6 point maybe even higher but without the issues of having swing arms)

6) An affordable V-band O2 housing that has a mitsu flanged downpipe also (mentioned earlier in this thread)

7) Some relocation items would be nice also. Such as the alternator relocation kit that Jay Racing has, Dump tube for the exit route being in the front bumper (again found at Jay Racing, I think), fuse panel under the hood (relocate elsewhere-such as others have done to the glove box), a air intake that routes the air from the pass. headlight to the stock location or even to a stock fog light location (I'm aware that the FL reloc. intake is avail.)

8) A valve spring compressor would be an easy tool to machine for someone with common machine knowledge.

9) A 44mm v-band WG flanged O2 housing would be another nice one. (again these items can be found but I think they could be made with cheaper prices than what is offered)

10) An unbreakable AWD tranny OR a tranny with a 5 year warranty :D Ok, that was just wishful thinking huh?

Hopefully these items and posts don't go un-noticed and do draw some attention.

I'd say reproduction 2gb Talon bumpers since the only ones I find are ridiculously expensive, broken, or just impossible to find. And ones that fit right too!

Any one interested in data measurement devices for measuring everything from suspension travel to velocity? I'm toying with redesigning an old device I made.... a model rocket air data computer. Thinking of updating it with bluetooth for wireless connectivity. In theory you could connect like 6 of these to various areas of the car, control arms, etc... and get acceleration data feeds back to a central control unit. With acceleration you can integrate it to produce velocity among other things. So you could measure suspension travel and velocity of the individual members.

Just curious if there is a "need" or desire for such a product. No idea on the cost... but I'm guessing about $65-90 per unit. And maybe $100 - $200 for the control unit depending on if it has a Display or not. Accuracy would be about +/- 4% on the devices.... depending on how they are mounted of course and could get up to +/- 20 G's of measurement... down to +/- 0.25 G's aswell.

^ Would be an awesome suspension-tuning device/suggestion. Now if you can actually get it to work....

1gb halo headlights ftw

+1 for the 6 speed trans (comeon shep i know you can do it)

still hoping for that vented hood

nice brake kits that arent an arm and a leg

power steering pump relocate to clean up the bay (possibly where ac condenser was)

kit to remove 1g roof (kind of same idea as jeep wrangler, seals but very easy to remove also like our 1g sun roofs but for the hole roof, seen a few pics looks very hot but never got info on how to do it)

Not all of us have AWD yo. Some easier to find parts for FWD's would be nice.

1g tire hump/trunk replacement. I'd love to have it flat back there. Precut sheet metal with supports would be sweet.

Located directly under the spare tire hump is the fuel tank hump.... You can drop the hump about 1-1.5" without hitting the tank but your not going to get it flat without cutting the hump off the OEM fuel tank.

OEM style decals and exterior trim pieces. Tube control arms.

plus 1 for adjustable control arms

My buddy is actually working with a shop that sells 3kgt arms to get a set made for DSM.

I'm hoping to see the prototype soon.

I have been having the hardest time finding a brand new pair of sway bar endlinks for a 1g.. its driving me nuts!

Any one interested in data measurement devices for measuring everything from suspension travel to velocity? I'm toying with redesigning an old device I made.... a model rocket air data computer. Thinking of updating it with bluetooth for wireless connectivity. In theory you could connect like 6 of these to various areas of the car, control arms, etc... and get acceleration data feeds back to a central control unit. With acceleration you can integrate it to produce velocity among other things. So you could measure suspension travel and velocity of the individual members.

Just curious if there is a "need" or desire for such a product. No idea on the cost... but I'm guessing about $65-90 per unit. And maybe $100 - $200 for the control unit depending on if it has a Display or not. Accuracy would be about +/- 4% on the devices.... depending on how they are mounted of course and could get up to +/- 20 G's of measurement... down to +/- 0.25 G's aswell.

That sounds good. How well have your designs work?

Best idea yet:
2g manual steering rack.

Someone design and build, I want one now.

That sounds good. How well have your designs work?

It worked great and was the size of a 9 v battery Capable of measuring 3 axis with ~ 8% accuracy. The only difficulty was in the rotational velocity ... i.e as the rocket soared upwards, it tended to spiral this sometimes played havoc on my math so I could never get an accurate drift calculation. So the code I ran on the micro only measured the verticle G's. I choose to use accelerometers over pressure sensors [like those in avionics] because it lightened and simplified things. It just stored data till hooked up a pc with a serial port then it dumped the info to the PC who did the post flight calculation. It also had built in non-volatile memory so if you lost the rocket for several hours, your data would still be retrievable. There's been quite a bit new of technology since 1999 ;) But the underlying principles are the same. Just can make it more feature rich and utilize a wireless network to communicate easily. [which I would need to find a cheap bluetooth/ANT/Zigbee transceiver and software control stack so as to remain cost effective].

I'm just wondering if its worth my effort to pursue an update on it. Was even dreaming of making a little suspension modeling tool where you can create the suspension [using a wire diagram], i.e. double wishbone and then indicate arm lengths and geometry of it. Identify the location of the sensor on the arm(s)... then feed the sensor data and it would simulate the suspension movement. This program would take alot of programming to do however.... but would be pretty damn kewl I think. Of course, if I were to make them, I would have to have the boards produced and soldered up and not be "one of's" as in my rocket ADC.

Someone mentioned Stronger Shift Cables.

I can't find anything out there.

How about a design with something other than cable, or at least a stronger grade component. 1G and 2G.

If anyone makes this, let me know, or I'm going to make it myself.

Thanks! :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back