The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Products the DSM crowd would like to see made

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Headers With Downpipe, And Headers With Full Catback Exhaust For The 1.8 Non Turbo, And Performance Heads For The 1.8

Aftermarket 2G Talon Tail lights.
Possibly with LED's
HID Reverse lights
Dual-Projector Headlights

Stainless Hardware Replacement kit
(assortment of mis. sized nuts and bolts found on DSMs)

They make almost all of that. You can use eclipse lights after a conversion. There are tons of SS kits. What are you looking for?

Definitely interested in aero parts for the 2G (front splitter, belly pan, rear diffuser). And also if someone could reproduce this hood.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

They make a carbon fiber wiper cowl already.;)

Carbon Fiber wiper cowl

Which is always out of stock... Why even have them on your website if you can't actually sell them? Oh well!

I'd like to see a DSM performance parts store here in Iowa.

I'm sick of relying on the internet for my parts. If any vendor was interested in starting a store around here that'd be great, I'd be able to prove to you that there is a large amount of willing customers available here in the Des Moines, IA area.

:dsm::talon::laser:

Great Thread!

I would love to see a nice carbon fiber front lip(or fiberglass) for a 1GB talon as the bumper would look very nice with one.

AND +1 on the reproduction interior and exterior pieces as everything for a 1G that isn't engine related is almost extinct(firsthand experience)

Last but not least, the famous 1G decals as i can not find them ANYWHERE!
Like the 16V DOHC TURBO one, or the talon tsi ones that go on the rear.:thumb:

- 1G Rear Upper and Lower Control Arms. Adjustable heim joint-mounted arms like the ones seen in these photos:
67646d1157571769-rear-toe-arms-control-8985scd.jpg

Again, strong enough for road racing and lighter than the factory piece.

I made these for my car for like $100 a pair, no need to go into production.

I would like to see a better looking 1G dash. I now some guys are running one out of a prostock cobalt and it looks great. But it requires a lot of work to fit right.

D.O.T approved harness that don't cost 150 apiece.

I have my center console remove right now and would like to keep it that way but the shifter looks ugly. I don't know if there would be a market for it but a shifter boot that covers from the knob to where it bolts to the floor.

+1 if i found an actual lsd for 500 i would be all over it, i would love to see an actual hood like the evo guys have where you can remove a piece and then you have a heat vent that would be amazing, choping the hood just looks horrible

+1 for the vented hood like the evos have with removeable piece for vent, and also if made in carbon fiber would be even better for weight. finding a decent looking vented carbon fiber hood for a 1g is dam near impossible LOL :cry:

CNC fuel cage for 2 intake pumps for either walbro, bosch 044, denso.

Great Thread!

I would love to see a nice carbon fiber front lip(or fiberglass) for a 1GB talon as the bumper would look very nice with one.

AND +1 on the reproduction interior and exterior pieces as everything for a 1G that isn't engine related is almost extinct(firsthand experience)

Last but not least, the famous 1G decals as i can not find them ANYWHERE!
Like the 16V DOHC TURBO one, or the talon tsi ones that go on the rear.:thumb:

+1000000000000 on the 1G decals... I want the N/T one just says 16V DOHC

I agree we need some vendors to produce more oem like products like window trim, door seals, and interior plastic, engine wiring harness, fuel pump assembly, and oem body plastic. So we can keep our cars looking new and maintained.

Also a 1g ecu patch harness and 1g nice front lip

* a 1g widebody kit that actually looks good.(most body kits for 1gs are disgusting)
* clear 1g side marker lenses. (already exist but are hard to find)
* 1g fender flares
* cheaper rwd conversion kits (the torque converter is rediculously priced) $1000.00+

Something I have always wanted to see is a direct fit chromoly 6-8-10 point cages for the 2gs at a reasonable price.

And perhapes a dash gauge kit for the use of aftermarket gauges.

3 Things that I would really love to see. I think that these were mentioned already but still.

First. We need lower window trims for the 1g. This is a must. Its not about styling or show but I would like my car to look decent or at least to look like new. They can be made out of carbon fiber. Everybody that has a 1g will agree to this. The fact that this item is discountinued, makes it impossible to find.

We also need a front bumper crash bean for the 1g. I hate the fact that I have to trim my bumper for mounting an intercooler. I want safety. That being said. We need a thinner yet as strong if not stronger than stock. That way if involve in a car accident, the intercooler could still be saved and our lives too.

I'd alos like to see a slim radiator fan that would actually pull more air than the stock 1g dsm. This fan would need to be incased inside a frame that would cover the hole radiator. Just like the stock ones. That way all the air that the fans are blowing, comes 100% from the pulling threw the radiator and its being pulled eveny threw it. Most of the slim fans out there, pull air from the center of the radiator and not trhew all of it. This makes for improer cooling and no matter how strong the fans are, there will still be hot spots or heated spots on the radiator. Thus causing overheating problems with an oversized intercooler.

Thank you.

jorge.

One stop shop for cryogenic treatment. A place that can disassemble parts (i.e. driveshaft, tranny, etc.), treat the proper pieces, and reassemble would be nice.

+1 for any hard to find or NLA OEM pieces- that fit close to OEM of course. I would love to replace a few trim pieces on my car without having to rummage through junked and salvaged DSMs.

Also, I know this was mentioned in a previous thread started by HiRev, and also earlier in this thread, but a 1G carbon fiber lip thats simple & clean would be soooooooo nice.

everything that everybody said is needed,wanted or desired... all the makings for a great business!!Hint...hint!! If anybody had the right amount of money and a 1/4 of a brain (at least),... you(s) would make a fortune..LITERALLY!! I'd be the first one to buy one of everything,no bull shit!!

A bolt-on,good, tough ,reliable, skid plate for a 1g. Or a kit that you just supply the main steel or aluminum plate and they provide everything else...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back