The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Power Antenna wont go down, Dome lights wont turn on after radio install. HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonebag

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 20, 2008
Ball State, Indiana
I have a 1997 Eclipse GST.

About a month ago I took out the stock CD/Radio player and replaced it with new head unit. (Pioneer I believe?)

Anyhow, while doing this I had my battery disconnected to work on it and such. When I finished it all up my:

1) Power antenna won't go back down. It use to go up and down every time i turned my car on and off but is stuck up now after I replaced my head unit, and now wont go back down. I am assuming it is not getting power/being switched anymore being the motor doesn't even activate. The new head unit has a slot for the power antenna to plug into so I don't understand why it isn't working?

2) My dome lights wont turn on or off. They don't turn on/off when I open/close my door like they use to, nor can I turn them on/off manually...

3) My remote unlocker doesn't work anymore. It wont lock/unlock anymore. I have tried replacing batteries and tried both of the unlockers that I have, neither work.

This all worked before I replaced my head unit and didn't work afterward. My new head unit works just fine though. I am very confused and would ask for suggestions and help?
I have already tried looking at the fuses and I don't see any blown.
Please help :)

TL;DR: Replaced headunit, power antenna, dome lights, and remote unlockers wont work anymore!

nobody? :(

Last edited:
Solution
I went out to figure it out for you. :D It's 2 fuses and you get them off by pressing the holder's inside tabs inward with a screwdriver as shown in the pics below. Note that removing the Room Lamp fuse will reset both the ECU (CEL and all learned data values) and radio stations (so write them down first).

Thank you a million! that was it. It was the 10a room lamp fuse that had been blown, and I was never able to see it because it was under that damn yellow housing. That is kind of odd that the room lamp fuse controls the dome lights, antenna, and remote unlockers but they all work now. Thank you guys :thumb:
if you did it right and used the wire adapter then you should have hooked up all the necessary wires I believe Blue was for power to the antennae but I'd have to look again it's been forever since I've had to pull my deck out.
the big plug that goes from the antennae directly to the deck without an adapter is for using the antennae not activating the motor

if you did it right and used the wire adapter then you should have hooked up all the necessary wires I believe Blue was for power to the antennae but I'd have to look again it's been forever since I've had to pull my deck out.
the big plug that goes from the antennae directly to the deck without an adapter is for using the antennae not activating the motor

I have the blue antenna wire connected also. I checked that before to see if it wasn't connected and it was, I did all that right, so I am still confused.

yes it runs all imulations and radio harness power,

Alright thanks you I will check that when I get home, but if I remember correctly in the engine fuses, the bottom left 3 fuses are enclosed in a plastic harness that I do not know how to get off for the life of me. Any help?

...the bottom left 3 fuses are enclosed in a plastic harness that I do not know how to get off for the life of me. Any help?
I went out to figure it out for you. :D It's 2 fuses and you get them off by pressing the holder's inside tabs inward with a screwdriver as shown in the pics below. Note that removing the Room Lamp fuse will reset both the ECU (CEL and all learned data values) and radio stations (so write them down first).

Attachments

• Fuse holder (Room Lamp and Radio) bottom view - 2g engine fusebox.JPG
    Fuse holder (Room Lamp and Radio) bottom view - 2g engine fusebox.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 592
  • Fuse holder (Room Lamp and Radio) removal - 2g engine fusebox.JPG
    Fuse holder (Room Lamp and Radio) removal - 2g engine fusebox.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,063

Thank you a million! that was it. It was the 10a room lamp fuse that had been blown, and I was never able to see it because it was under that damn yellow housing. That is kind of odd that the room lamp fuse controls the dome lights, antenna, and remote unlockers but they all work now. Thank you guys :thumb:

Solution
Same issue with my 95 Eclipse but my fuse box looked different
but the holder on top the plastic casing doesn't say dome light at all.

I've replaced all fuses and still nothing works, the door lights work, but dome doesn't.

I seen under the middle console the blue antenna wire n such but i don't know whats going the stereo and demo on stereo till turn on.

Any got a kenwood stereo and know the 95 RS wire diagram correctly for wires i would really like to have all my wires working

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back