The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G no radio, no dome lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joelo

Probationary Member
Jun 19, 2020
Naperville, Illinois
Hey all, I've swapped my 90 head unit into my 92 gsx. When I was looking at the interior fuse box (below dash) there was a metal clip that I think was in the radio fuse slot connecting it to something else. Like a fool i tossed this out thinking that it was a jumper for something else. Now I'm thinking that maybe I needed it? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Please help if you know why that clip might have been there. All fuses are continuity tested but I have no power to radio or dome lights. I need the radio to drown out the sound of my grinding transmission.

Check the fuses again all of them , sounds like a ground issue if dome isnt working either they are tied in, to the room fuse, and the radio. Ive been there i finally found a ground issue.

I think that the main power for the interiors fuse is blown. The radio will have ONE wire that is hot at all times and the dome light is also hot at all times. When you open a door, you ground the circuit, and the light comes on. Your stereo will have a switched 12v and a constant 12v source.
I wonder if someone just jumpered the fuse for the interior instead of replacing the fuse. Can you take a picture and post it of the fuse box and where the "suspect" metal part was at?

I think that the main power for the interiors fuse is blown. The radio will have ONE wire that is hot at all times and the dome light is also hot at all times. When you open a door, you ground the circuit, and the light comes on. Your stereo will have a switched 12v and a constant 12v source.
I wonder if someone just jumpered the fuse for the interior instead of replacing the fuse. Can you take a picture and post it of the fuse box and where the "suspect" metal part was at?

Are you talking about the "room" fuse? I think that one is fine because the only things that aren't working are the radio and domes. I'll get you a picture in a bit if you want, I'm almost positive the metal piece was in the radio fuse socket. The socket is very loose and I had to bend the tabs on the fuse to make it fit snug.

Make sure the dome light bulb isn't blown. If the other lights on the dome light assembly work, it's getting power. My radio would cut in and out randomly. The metal tab (the one that holds the fuse) in my fuse box was broken. If you're bending the fuse, I'd bet it'll cut out when you hit bumps.

https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/kick-panel-fuse-box-removal.517406/

For anyone returning to this thread, check your IOD fuse (inside engine bay passenger side). It's a little connector that you can pull up to remove power to all accessories. I had to push this connector down and then everything worked like new.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back