The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Stereo install mistake. No dome or gauge lights, and no stereo power.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dugan33

Supporting VIP
Jun 11, 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
I recently purchased another 1st gen. This one is a 1990 gsx with a 94 conversion on the front. The day i bought the car it had a dry cell shuriken battery running it. The battery expanded and collapsed the first day out. I since replaced the battery with the battery its supposed to have and all was well. Well, it was until i decided to install a new stereo. Upon installing the stereo i accidentally arced the switched source power line against the side metal plate for mounting the stereo. I saw a little spark and my dome light when out. YA I KNOW.... i should have had the battery disconnected but i wanted it done NOW and needed my dome light :nono: .... anyways my dome light, boost guage, my cluster lights are out, and my stereo switched source has no power. I checked the stereo fuse, cluster fuse, and cigarette lighter fuse. All of those fuses are good:hmm:. I don't have a volt meter to check if they have power. I'm hoping someone could give me an idea as to what other fuses/switches i should check. could it be my dimmer switch?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back