The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

radio fuse blew now no door lights or power to radio fuse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97ebaygst

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 8, 2009
thomasville, North_Carolina
So I was trying to put my radio back in and some how the wire that keeps constant power to radio touched the ground wire and blew my radio fuse. Well swapped it out with a good one and that didn't fix it so i checked to see if the fuse was getting power and it wasn't. does any on have any advice on what it could be? I have a service manual for but I am not very good at reading it yet. circuit diagrams are still new too me. any help is much appreciated.

Did you check ALL of the other fuses as well?

i checked the ones under the hood but not the dash. they all worked and have power going to them.

I went out there and checked the inside panel and the fuses where all good too

Ok so i went out the and checked the inside fuses and the all work. my interior lights don't work, nor does the headlight buzzer and key buzzer. My diagnostic port isn't getting any power either. I looked at my service manual and i can't seem to see where the radio fuse powers any of that. I am thinking I might have fried my interior fuse box. If someone would be willing to walk me threw how to read the diagrams that would make my day. I get the basics but need some clarification on some things.

Is there a way to get get power to the diagnostic port? I need to get it inspected but with out power to that i can't get it done. I know pin 16 is the power pin, could i just splice into that pin and run it to a 12v source?

I don't know exactly how to explain this, but no... I might be wrong, but I work with wiring and electronics, and my instincts tell me you should not do what you're asking. You are assuming things about the diagnostic box being ready for straight from the source 12v power. it might need to be stepped down from 12vs is my point... I do not know the answer to this, but it really sounds like a bad idea based on what I know and have read... GL either way

Thanks for the reply. I got it fixed and had it inspected. So no worries.

What was the fix?
Also, the diagnostic port is supposed to have a constant 12v on pin 16, it should come from Fuse 11 (which is where the interior lights and whatnot come from).

Came to be that the fuse I put in there was no good so I tried another one and presto fixed. I feel kinda dumb not figuring it out sooner.

Ok I had the same problem. it all started with my radio turning off and on. then alot of my interior lights went out. My lights to my gauges and stuff work and the cigarette lighter things works. Also not to long ago i had power going through the diagnostic plug in but it wouldnt let me scan, and now it has no power. I know i had a short before all this happened but now that these dont work. i would disconnect the ground from the battery and when i put it back on there is no spark like it used to. If you have any ideas or could walk me through anything i would really appreciate it. Oh and also I have a multimeter and a 12v tester but i dont really know how to use the multimeter so any help would be nice. And to add I been looking alot for any burned wiring and some of my grounds and it seems to be all fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back