The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G No 12v constant power to radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo0sTeD 4G63

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2008
Miami, Florida
Hello everyone,

I have a 98 Gs-t that I have had in my garage for a couple of years now as a project car. I am currently trying to finish it since I do not have alot left. I recently have been running in to some electrical problems. One of my problems is that I am not getting 12v constant power to my radio my ignition works as soon as I open the key. Another problem I am having is that the windows do not go down. I have checked all the fuses in the car and checked the wiring to make sure there are no cables that are burned. If anyone has any suggestions or been through this please let me know I am willing to try anything at this point.

Thanks

If you can not find a hot wire and all fuses are good. What I have done before is run a wire from positive on battery into the car and make sure there is a fuse between battery and stereo that would work for constant to radio as long as the radio is properly grounded. One way to make it work if you have done everything else. Hope you figure this problem out I really dislike doing electrical work LOL.

Thanks for the reply, I was kind of hopping to figure it out so I wouldn't have to run a new wire or piggy back it from another 12v wire. I have found other 12 volt wires but thats going to be my last option for now.

Ya I hear ya on that I personally don't like cutting or adding wires also but if you have to you have to. I had same problem in my explorer but someone that owned it before me did something and I lost my constant wire so my stereo wouldn't turn on only way I can get it to turn on is to run both yellow constant wire and the ignition wire so I lost the memory function so I will probably be running a power wire also.

So the main power wire for your radio has no power correct? Have you followed that wire back to its fuse and checked there? You could always run your main power off the battery with a fuse and 10-12g wire and then tie in the acc/memory wire into something that keeps power but won't drain the battery. If you have power at the fuse for the radio then sounds like its the wire or a bad ground, is the antenna plugged in? What kind of radio oem or aftermarket?

You know, I hope somebody has the answer to this, I too have never had a constant to my radio, I had to run a wire straight to the battery as already mentioned with a fuse. My interior lights do not work nor does my door ajar beep. Actually my instrument cluster doesn't even say if the door is open.

I also do not have any power to my power windows or locks. I am thinking this has to be another problem or short circuit somewhere. Anyone have any other ideas?

I had this same issue on a 98 I just bought. I changed the fuse under the radio fuse in the engine bay and I now have constant power. My fuse looked hood but I changed it anyhow and it did the trick

I have checked all my fuses and all of them are good. I guess im going to have to check my ground wires but which ones do I check?
Good thinking checking your fuses first. You should check the terminal connector, the main first connections to the body, and the grounds of the accessories that won't work. Check the relays next. Then if you can't find the solution you should run your own direct 12v (don't forget a relay and fuses to protect your ECU and the accessory).

I didn't see it mentioned, how are you checking you fuses? Looking? Testing with a meter?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back