The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G plasti dip question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've used it on the center console on my 04 Silverado, as anti-slip. Didn't hold up all that great, about 6-months. I've also used it on a Dodge Cummings dash, held up a lot better. Been using the stuff long before it came in a spray can. Seemed like the stripes I painted on the hood lasted longer than the center console did. I was happy with it prior to the edges peeling. If I would have covered the whole console it would have lasted a lot longer. Encapsulating things in the plastic has much better results than leaving open edges.

I've done the console sides, glove box, and all the under dash plastic. It holds up ok if you don't abuse it, like don't throw bag where they'll hit it. My only tip is put on a lot of layers so if you take it off it's easier. If you do light coats like me it's nearly impossible to peel off when you wanna put real paint on it.

You can also use the glossiifer to make the finish sleek and more durable. Another option is to use carbon fiber wrap for a sportier look.

i loved the look of black plasti dip on my interior plastics. like urban said, if you don't touch them much, it should be fine as a temporary solution

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back