The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

plasti dip

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmgst1996

Proven Member
Feb 18, 2013
wellsville, Missouri
Im doing a 2gb conversion on my talon and the parts off the 2gb are a charcoal grey and i like the color does anyone know if plasti dip gun metal gray is close to the stock color?

They sell a mix your own kit that you can try to match yourself. You can even add Pearl matte clear metallic etc.

Shoot them an email with a photo of the color you are after and they can probably get you headed in the right direction.

I don't work for them I've just been researching this myself. Not for grey though :)

They sell a mix your own kit that you can try to match yourself. You can even add Pearl matte clear metallic etc.

Shoot them an email with a photo of the color you are after and they can probably get you headed in the right direction.

I don't work for them I've just been researching this myself. Not for grey though :)

funny thing im color blind so i rely on my wife to tell me the color LOL it could be red for all i know ROFL

I'm colorblind too, so in the past had someone else mix color close to what i need, then finalized it myself by "lighter-darker" comparison. Just gotta know what all is mixed in and use same stuff, not simply black/white.

Id just give em a call, they may do a pre mix for you if you sent them a photo or a paint chip from the bumper.

Even if it was "close" if you paint all of it youll never know. It would be cool to see a nice pearl gunmetal plasti dipped car!

When I went down and talked with them they told me that the gunmetal grey looked closer to primer when dried. I wanted a color closer to graphite and they mixed me a color with my input right on the spot.

I'd give em a call. They've expanded a lot on what they have available since I went to visit them about a year ago.

I have a friend that did "gun metal grey" and it just looks like primer, so unless you do a gloss finish, it just looks like primer.

if your going to order from dipyourcar be ready to wait. im going on 4 weeks ive been waiting for stuff from them.

if your going to order from dipyourcar be ready to wait. im going on 4 weeks ive been waiting for stuff from them.

I ordered a bronze wheel kit from them last week and it was shipped and will be here Friday.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back