The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Plasti Dip

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't think the plasti dipped hood will look good. You're setting yourself up for disappointment. The texture won't match your cars' paint texture and it will look like a junkyard hood.

Get on ebay- Buy some black vinyl wrap (black gloss) and wrap your hood in high gloss black vinyl. It will look epic, cause you less headache, and you'll enjoy it much more.
Or you could even wrap it in carbon fiber.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

^ Wrapped hood.

I respectfully disagree.

However... my car has two VERY light coats of glossifier on it, in order to get it close to the matte finish of the factory spoiler.

Came out VERY good, with a barely noticeable texture, but that was MY fault due to technique. I simply did it wrong.

BUT.

I did not use CANS of plastidip. I bought the ready dip spray from www.dipyourcar.com, and used their HVLP gun to spray it.

Attachments

• Talon1.jpg
    Talon1.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 85
i've had no problems with going to wash it with pressure washer and has even been though a couple automatic car washes with no problems. but i also did make sure it was a thick coating all around and even when around some on the back to help with it not peeling.

good to know. i would be concerned about hand washing, as it seems likely any debris might scratch up the dip when wiping with a sponge or mitt.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back