The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Need help jumped car backwards!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashraf

Probationary Member
Apr 7, 2016
Agawam, Massachusetts
Hi I'm new to the forum I recently bought a 1999 Mitsubishi eclipse Gsx last summer. Ive always wanted one and had it stored for the winter with the intent on modifying it. I literally got the car out of storage and from sitting the car died while I was driving. Easy fix just jump it well my buddy put the jump box on backwards! Idk what he did but it fried the main 100 amp fuse and the 30 amp ign fuse. I replaced it and attempted to start the car and the 30 amp fried again Idk what to
do. The car won't start. No dash lights dont turn on, headlights work but taillights Dont, wipers don't work radio don't work. If someone can please direct me maybe the ECU fried? Idk any help would be appreciated please and thank you

what i would do is start by unplugging things to see which one is causing the problem . start with the coils , ignition module and so on .

what i would do is start by unplugging things to see which one is causing the problem . start with the coils , ignition module and so on .[/Q

Sounds good I will try tom do u think I burned the ECU?

try to disconnect it to see if the fuse still blows .

you can disconnect the signal spade wire that's on the starter solenoid . if you turn the key and it doesn't blow the fuse then your good .

Buy yourself a decent DVOM and a electrical service manaul ... start by checking continuity of wires from ecu to ignition, also as stated above you can pull some fuses to help narrow down non affected areas ... this will be a nightmare. You may want to get ahold of Stangmurder ( Miller import parts ) on here and look for some wire harness that may be easier then tracing all the possible affected areas. You may be able to get another ecu but I would plug it in unless the harness issues are fixed would hate to fry that ecu also ....I just replace a complete harness from a similar "accident" on a 2015 BMW 335 and it was BS but insurance paid 11,000 in parts and labor. We just replaced harnesses instead of tracing wires ..... sorry about your luck and I would kick my "friends" a$$ for that move

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back