The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

My ebay project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's that thing you call your "intake pipe" LOL Is it actually hard piping? I can't tell from the pic.

How much have you spent total minus the transmission and clutch?

Bought the car for 700:thumb:
150 for the valve job
200 for the cams
100 for the t belt kit
30 for the bs elim.
200 for the turbo
100 for the mani
200 for the exhaust
100 for the nice VC
around 1700 minus the tranny and clutch. Maybe 500 more here and there.

I can't say much. Your car is probably way faster than mine, and I've easily spent double on mine.

Wow good job dude. I think my title of "King Ebay DSM" is on the line. haha.

Well I just dropped 200 more on a radiator. The stocker just broke at the upper hose connection. Wow that thing was like a cracker, just snapped and shattered. I drove the car alittle more but it was blowing white smoke pretty bad. I dont think it likes having a busted radiator. The idle control motor either is broken or just dosent like the cams cause I have to unplug it to make it hold a steady idle and it is like 2 grand. I am not sure what to think about this. I will start another thread on web cams and see what other people do to make them work. DSM link might be in my futere, I will update my profile tonight!!!

What radiator did you go with? I'm in need of a new one. Want something better than stock, all aluminum, but don't want to spend $400. Curious if yours fits the bill.

whered you get the black xtd pressure plate, i got a stage 4 xtd clutch also and its white, along with all the other ones on ebay?

I actually did an ebay project a few years ago that turned out pretty well. (I am looking for the pics to repost them as they were lost when the website had that issue.) It seems like you are on the right track. I was making almost 410whp on my ebay 50 trim but my act clutch kept breaking so I am interested to see how your xtd stage 4 holds up.

For those of you who are thinking about doing this setup keep in mind what selmrguy said about this not being a "kit" even though it may have been claimed to be so. It takes serious modifications the most difficult being the wastegate clearance of the ps pump. I had the pipe removed and welded back on at a 45 deg angle towards the radiator. This allowed for enough clearance between the ps pump and more importantly the alternator so that it would not burn out prematurely.

Well I got the radiator yesterday. It looks like a nice piece. The made it to accept stock fans but the pins are off for the stock brackets. It is also alittle thicker than the stocker which is giving me some problems with my custom IC pipes.

On another note, I have the car running now. I replaced the CAS and fixed a few other things. The idle is very poor with the ISC plugged in. I am sure it needs replaced. With it unplugged it idles at about 1800 but steady. I will keep you guys posted when I replace the ISC and keep hooking it up.

Attachments

• shelby03-21 007 (Small).jpg
    shelby03-21 007 (Small).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,189
  • shelby03-21 008 (Small).jpg
    shelby03-21 008 (Small).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,197
Damn, the fins on the back of the radiator look messed up. Are they made of aluminum foil? :D

That's good news about the radiator. I think I'll pick one of them up in the next few weeks.

Thought I should mention I just started having shifting problems. Turned out my transmission had lost all it's bolts, but one and was moving A LOT. With new bolts everything works great. So on top of the year of driving on my XTD clutch, it's also survived driving with a nearly unbolted transmission and still works flawlessly.

Does the car still have A/C? You could try moving the radiator forward if the condenser is gone.

Just a update. I have been driving the car to work for a few days and also around town. Taking it real easy buy I might have a problem. I have a boost leak when I test and it sounds like it is behind the intake mani. The problem is that there is no vac lines back there. I am thinking I might have a crack in the intake manifold. The weather is shitty for the rest of the week so I will have to check it out next week. Other then that the car is ok. Kinda hard to tune with a vac/boost leak but driveable. The XTD clutch works great. No chatter and aftyer getting used to it it drives from stop to start nice.

Just a update. I have been driving the car to work for a few days and also around town. Taking it real easy buy I might have a problem. I have a boost leak when I test and it sounds like it is behind the intake mani. The problem is that there is no vac lines back there. I am thinking I might have a crack in the intake manifold. The weather is shitty for the rest of the week so I will have to check it out next week. Other then that the car is ok. Kinda hard to tune with a vac/boost leak but driveable. The XTD clutch works great. No chatter and aftyer getting used to it it drives from stop to start nice.

Time for an ebay intake mani :thumb:. I got mine for 350

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back