The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

My ebay project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The new ssautochrome turbos seem to be holding up pretty well. My ssautochrome T4/T70 has been put throuh hell (it withstood 30+psi) and surprisingly its still holding up. I'm running a 4an oil line from the oil filter housing with no restrictor, no balance shafts, and the turbo still doesn't smoke. Only paid 350.00 for it and its capable of 700whp, pretty good deal in my opinion. Selmer guy, whats the specs on your t3/t4? spool time? I'm thinking about buying an ssautochrome t3/t4 setup for my daily driver (GVR4).

Honestly bro I would have to drive it more to tell you the spool time. It seems to hit full boost at 4000 but I may have a leak somewhere. The add said this turbo made 500+ whp on a b16. Here are some specs:

3" inlet, 2" oulet diameter.
Wet foating bearings 1/8 NPT oil inlet Standard T3/T4 Flange.
57 Compressor wheel trim, .63 A/R turbine, .50 A/R Compressor.

The new ssautochrome turbos seem to be holding up pretty well. My ssautochrome T4/T70 has been put throuh hell (it withstood 30+psi) and surprisingly its still holding up. I'm running a 4an oil line from the oil filter housing with no restrictor, no balance shafts, and the turbo still doesn't smoke. Only paid 350.00 for it and its capable of 700whp, pretty good deal in my opinion. Selmer guy, whats the specs on your t3/t4? spool time? I'm thinking about buying an ssautochrome t3/t4 setup for my daily driver (GVR4).

Any chance I could see some of your data from a WOT pull?? The only SSautochrome product I have is the ebay FMIC short route kit that was $295 shipped, aside from having to buy an extra coupular and some better quality t-clamps It's a very nice intercooler. Sorry about the tangent, I'd just love to see some logs. Track times? Dyno?

I just went for a long drive in 20 degree weather. Besides being cold the car was quite nice to drive. I have not done a boostleak test and I did not have my logger handy so I just used my wideband gauge. The afrs were good but I dont think my clutch is holding up real well. I bought the car a year ago and have no idea what clutch is in it. It was pretty stock so I guess the clutch is too. It held fine at 20 psi on a 14b but at 15 psi with this turbo it seems to slip. It is very hard to tell with the weather being so bad though. One a positive note I dont have any oil leaks or coolant leaks and the car is much more plesant to drive around town. Much easier to keep out of boost driving around town.

You guys ever wake up and decide nothing is going to stop you finishing your project? Well I do and...... did! I put the fan back on and straightened up the ic pipes. Please excuse the dented FMIC. It was on my 2g and I hit a rock on I44 last year. I had a monster FMIC on here earlier but it leaked so I took it back. This is a substitute untill I find a good deal on one I like. Man it is like 28 outside and I am cold.

Attachments

• Picture 007 (Small).jpg
    Picture 007 (Small).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,537
  • Picture 008 (Small).jpg
    Picture 008 (Small).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,529
That is funny you should ask... I bought both a real rs and a ebay knock off. I took them both apart and there was like no difference. So I sold the rs for 50 more then I paid for it and put the knock off on my car. The only problem was the flange leaked.

That is funny you should ask... I bought both a real rs and a ebay knock off. I took them both apart and there was like no difference. So I sold the rs for 50 more then I paid for it and put the knock off on my car. The only problem was the flange leaked.

LoL awesome! Looks like your car is the official EBAY product tester.. and someone who actually post pics and gives thorough follow-ups. Your car will prove a lot of people wrong.. or right. But it will be very informative regardless.

LoL awesome! Looks like your car is the official EBAY product tester.. and someone who actually post pics and gives thorough follow-ups. Your car will prove a lot of people wrong.. or right. But it will be very informative regardless.

Ha Ha... If I could just find a ebay PCV valve. Everyone I buy leaks.

Same here. I have the one that came on my car, a new one, and one I picked up that was on a buddy's valve cover. Which one is the best? The spare one from the parts car. WTF

Well I found my first stupid problem with the setup. My alt. went bad yesterdy and I cant get it out with out reomving the wastegate which I cant take off unless I take of the manifold. I am removing the radiator and hoping i can slit it out through there.

Yea you HAVE to get a heat shield inbetween your alternator and your exhaust/wastegate or else you will fry alternators every few weeks, ive seen it happen to too many dsm's.

With your setup id almost want to take the stock heat shield, hack it up or bend it and get it to fit around the alternator somehow so it has its own permanent heat shield. Thats what i plan to do when i upgrade to an external. The only problem is that im not sure if it would shield it from heat or just help to keep heat in. Oh well, i have my kragen 1million mile warranty, so i might just have to sacrifice an alternator to find out.

Yea you HAVE to get a heat shield inbetween your alternator and your exhaust/wastegate or else you will fry alternators every few weeks, ive seen it happen to too many dsm's.

With your setup id almost want to take the stock heat shield, hack it up or bend it and get it to fit around the alternator somehow so it has its own permanent heat shield. Thats what i plan to do when i upgrade to an external. The only problem is that im not sure if it would shield it from heat or just help to keep heat in. Oh well, i have my kragen 1million mile warranty, so i might just have to sacrifice an alternator to find out.

I didn't know that. My wastegate dumps straight to the ground not very close to the alt. I will build a heat shield but I hope it was just time for my ALT to go.

Just wanted to add my support to this thread. I'm very interested in how this pans out for you once you get it running for a few weeks. Please keep updating us.

My buddy has an SSAutochome turbo...said it had the GT40 wheel (61mm inducer). He has had it on his car for 4-5 months @ 10k miles with no issues, no smoke. I told him that SS turbos had a bad rep. He got all worried, so we popped off the intake tube and i check for shaft play.......NONE. And he beats the shit out of his car. I think the only time he isnt WOT is at idle...LOL. I was very suprised, and pissed since i just spent a ton for my gt35r.

Good to know that there may be cheaper alternitive that perform and last as well as the more expensive brands.

Keep us posted.

Great thread, I may be buying one of these kits soon. :dsm:

I was replacing my alternator today and had to take the radiator out because the stupid headder was in the way. so I snapped a few pics of my custom dump tube. I like it aLOT. Also, does anybody know where I can get a nice hick exhause gasket. I have a leak where my dp meets the o2 flange. The flanges dont quite line up right and that is the only thing I can think of to get the leak fixed beside remaking my o2 housing.

Attachments

• Picture 017 (Small).jpg
    Picture 017 (Small).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,218
  • Picture 019 (Small).jpg
    Picture 019 (Small).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,209
Hope that thing stands up to the abuse...I just dont think I could bring myself to drop 400 bucks on a setup that could potentially fail. Maybe its just me. Hope things turn out, i'll be keeping an eye on this one!

Well I got most of the major kinks out of my car today. I finally got my flange for my oil pan and installed my 25 dollar 10 an oil drain line. I love NASCAR sales. Also installed my oem pcv valve so no more boost leaky for me. The car pulls so hard it scares me. I am running 20 psi and it is hard to keep up with the tach. Tax money is comming so i will be looking for a deal on clutch and trannys. I am going out tonight to really give the car a good beating and see how it all holds up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back