The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Mtx-l vs AEM x series

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick question.... I just bought my X series and I am in the process of getting it all wired up. When you installed your gauge, where did you hook the brown wire for the 5v analog output ground? Because with the old style AEM, I did not have the analog output ground. Only the signal wire to the ECU to log with ECMlink. Is the ground wire necessary for logging with ECMlink?

I just tied the brown wire with the sensor ground. Just make sure that it's a good quality ground to the chassis. No issues so far.

I had the old AEM and my tuner and I had a heck of a time getting the output vs the gauge reading correctly. He also told me the sampling rate on the AEM was very low compared to innovative.
I guess there was testing done somewhere, and your engine could detonate for X many revolutions before the ecu was able to receive the correct AFR to do any corrections. Not sure of the exact number but it was quite disturbing.
When the sensor failed, he suggested I switch to innovative. I've had a couple hiccups with it, but it works very well.
The NEW AEM is suppose to have comparable sampling rate now, but I've never looked into it.
Anyone?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back