The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Mishimoto radiator and fan shroud for 94 eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KianaLynn

Proven Member
Nov 2, 2016
Helena, Montana
i did the turbo conversion on my eclipse and I’m about to hook up the fan shrouds and I couldn’t find a post about anyone else doing it. I’m just wondering how to wire my old harness to the new one. Anything will help

i got everything wired up. only problem is: the fans wont come on unless i turn the ac on. keep in mind i deleted my ac a loonnggg time ago. checked the fuses and one was blown so i replaced that. put that sensor back in that was on the stock one into the new one. still doesnt turn on by its self. been doing some logs to see how hot it gets generally and it sits between 203-206. and i know thats not good. any help would be appreciated. i did talk to the mishimoto guys and they helped me but still having the same issue

Factory 1g fans dont come on until ~203F, so your temps are not at all unusual. Have you let it warm past 206 to see if the fans come on after? It doesnt sound like youve allowed it to get hot enough to kick on. The sensor to turn them on is in the bottom of the radiator, is it installed and wired?

You have them both wired into the passenger side connector too? That's the main fan control based on temp. The driver side connector only comes on during A/C operation or if the overtemp sensor in the thermostat housing trips. Lots of people remove that sensor or unplug it, but that doesnt come on until 230F?+

If everything wired up correctly, the radiator fan (passenger side) should be triggered at 180F by the sensor that is located in radiator below lower hose. Are you using a turbo harness?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back