The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Mishimoto fan wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD-Tony

Proven Member
Sep 11, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
Replacing my stock radiator with this used Mishimoto with dual fans. Does this wiring look right? I’ve read you should run a separate relay for the drivers side fan. Your thoughts please.

Thanks
Tony
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Replacing my stock radiator with this used Mishimoto with dual fans. Does this wiring look right? I’ve read you should run a separate relay for the drivers side fan. Your thoughts please.

Thanks
Tony
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Yes, the wiring is right. but I recommend you to use a relay for each. Otherwise you would probably keep blowing the fan fuse often. That is what happened when I did the same wiring.

couldn't you just wire each fan to the stock wiring and run off the stock relays?

radiator fan
(+) blue/red
(-) blue/black

condenser fan
(+) blue
(-) black

Thanks guys!! Just finished the install and bleed the system. Tight fit but both fans turn on. They cycled twice. I’m going to take it for a spin.

I read many threads to run a separate relay. I will update if my car and I both blow a fuse.

Thanks again!!

From your picture it appears that you aren't running a fan shroud. Maybe you are and it just wasn't in your pic.
Either way i'll just throw this out there:

-- the radiator core is roughly 3 square feet
-- with (2)12" fans -- no shroud: will only move air thru 1.70 square feet of the core (57%)
-- with the same 2 fans and a fan shroud, airflow will be thru just about 100% of the core

From your picture it appears that you aren't running a fan shroud. Maybe you are and it just wasn't in your pic.
Either way i'll just throw this out there:

-- the radiator core is roughly 3 square feet
-- with (2)12" fans -- no shroud: will only move air thru 1.70 square feet of the core (57%)
-- with the same 2 fans and a fan shroud, airflow will be thru just about 100% of the core

I’m not running a shroud. You’re right but like most, I only had the p/s fan on the stock radiator and never had an issue. That’s 50%. Each slim fan pulls 1100 cfm compared to the stock p/s which pulls 1600 cfm, so I think I’ll be good. Guess time will tell. It’s not that hot today here so won’t really be able to tell. Next hot day I’ll see how she does locally.

I wasn't meaning there was anything wrong with your setup.
It was just something to think about. :aha:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back