1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Max boost on t25 untuned

Posted by Dawson159, Dec 20, 2017

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. Dawson159

Dawson159 Proven Member

Joined Nov 13, 2017
    Billings, Montana
    I have a 98 Eclipse gst with a freshly rebuilt t25 turbo in it. I live in billings Montana and there isn’t one professional tuner in the whole city so if I ever want to tune the car I’m going to have to drive somewhere or buy and learn how to use dsm link. I was wondering how much boost I can run without a tune because I read that turning it up makes your car run lean and I don’t want to blow up my car I was thinking 1-2 more pounds or can I not turn it up at all? I’m running 10 pounds of boost rn with a few upgrades the previous owner did and a manual boost controller
    I’m a noob at this so plz be nice:cry:

2. natedog831

natedog831 Probationary Member

Joined Dec 24, 2016
    Salinas, California
    This topic been covered a lot, I would just search it Lol. Honestly the t25 is so small, you’re probably going to blow it before you blow your motor. Personal I wouldn’t bother with it, you could run it at 14 or 15 psi if you want, people do it, but even then you’re stressing it out.
    Idk what your plans are for your car or if you are new to DSMs, but link is a must. Save yourself some trouble and start saving up for link before you start buying any serious mods

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  3. natedog831

natedog831 Probationary Member

Joined Dec 24, 2016
    Salinas, California
    Do you have gauges btw, wideband, boost gauge etc .. ??

4. Dawson159

Dawson159 Proven Member

Joined Nov 13, 2017
    Billings, Montana
    I have a boost gauge and the car used to have a wideband a/f ratio gauge but it was stolen when the car was broke into when the previous owner had it

5. Artago

Artago Proven Member

Joined Nov 30, 2006
    North Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Don't touch the boost until you have a wideband O2 installed.

Street Build 1K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
    Dstarperformance01 likes this.
  6. EVLGSX

EVLGSX Proven Member

Joined Dec 7, 2017
    Wallingford, Connecticut
    You can get away with 14-15 psi but the turbo wont last forever that way. Id just leave it where it is for now, maybe 12 if you cant resist

Street Build 2K  15

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  7. Derek232

Derek232 Probationary Member

Joined Jun 9, 2016
    Thornton, Colorado
    I would strongly suggest getting a good Wideband before messing with anything. AEM has always made the best Widebands in my opinion. They are a small price to pay compared to running a motor lean and having to build a new one.

Derek232

195  0

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 506  5

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    automatic · 1G DSM
  8. Aproductions

Aproductions Proven Member

Joined Aug 11, 2009
    Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
    Leave it at 10-12 and save up for a 16g with supporting mods.

Street Build 1K  1

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  9. gusu

gusu Proven Member

Joined Sep 9, 2009
    Keizer, Oregon
    Don't mess with the boost until you have something to log with. Just because someone else's car was able to do it wont mean your car will be able to.

Knowing your boost level is great, so is knowing your af/r. But both only part of what you need to know. Normally I would suggest one to you, but I think you can run a generic OBDII cable and an android app. I'm not totally sure for the 2g.

10. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I suggest not messing with boost running the T25. Factory boost which is about 12psi is matched to the T25's compressor's efficiency & more boost will push it to higher intake air temps basically cancelling out the increased boost. I would change the BOV before anything with an EVO 9 metal BOV (or 1g) & check for any boost leaks to fix. The T25 is so small that almost anything you do will not make enough difference that the stock ECU couldn't already handle & compensate for. Also, do all your regular maintenance, timing belf, before anything & including new NGK BPR6ES plugs & check the plug wires. And don't space out going through chassis, suspension, & brakes. These cars are pushing 20-25 years old these days.

11. RipperXX

RipperXX Proven Member

Joined Feb 23, 2003
    Royston, Georgia
    Max boost on t25 untuned?

Answer:
    :aha:More than stock, less than required to break something.:thumb:
    (1-2 more pounds over stock is fine, and about all you can do before your plastic topped OEM recalculation valve starts leaking anyway)

Street Build 3K  10  9

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.476 @ 105.48 · 1G DSM