The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

General learning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddy556

Probationary Member
Apr 12, 2017
Wakeman, Ohio
where/who is the best to learn how to tune DSM's am going have one in a few months. am willing to drive far to learn

there isn't much or anything in the way of courses but are you willing to learn on your own by using the wealth of information in videos on YouTube, articles in online magazines, and experiences of forum members?

most of us learned by doing, sometimes sacrificing parts or engines along the way. there is no wax on wax off philosophy and every engine is different but there is theoretical and empirical knowledge available everywhere. can take years and an open mind to change approach

These are a must. Watch and try to grasp what is going on in the ECU and how it tells the engine what to do:
http://www.ecmtuning.com/demos.php
I find it better/easier when I have the car and ECMLink (one of several tuning solutions) running so I can feel/see what happens as I change things. We do have so very good tuners on here that remote in with you and do their best to get your car running. Of course for a fee, but most are very good at what they do!

The fundamentals apply across all platforms, terminology is a little different but it all works the same.
The basic for a dsm is:
Set injector scaling to match injectors
Calibrate the MAF or VE if SD so that commanded AFR equals deliver AFR.
Adjust timing as needed to avoid excessive knock.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back