The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Just got 10 Grand, here is what im planning to do!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsbllfit7

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2009
Salem, Oregon
as the title says i just got 10 grand right now and will have 10 grand more in january. Here is a simple spreadsheet i made of what i am thinking of getting including prices.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

do the prices look about right on everything, also is there anything else you guys would recommend?

prices are rounded slightly too, they arent exact figures.

Last edited:
I don't think anywhere in that ad, does it say "firm on price." I'm just pointing out, that you could find a 2g with $20k dumped into it already, that runs, and is proven, for the money you would be spending on yours. Say you get that car for $10k, sell yours for $5k, you still have $5k in your pocket, and fast 2g thats ready to rock.

There is lots of shipping company's, that ship vehicles. I've personally shipped my car to chicago (when I was living there), through my moms moving company (berger/allied). I'm sure someone more knowledgeable about the subject will chime in, its not terribly expensive either.

Don't listen to any of these guys telling you to save your money. Your only young once. You may just find yourself tired of cars by the time kids and whatnot come around. Live for today, have fun and have no regrets.

And yes, that looks like a mighty fine mod list! :)

I completely understand you want to use some of that money for your car, but consider what we're all saying when we say to invest it. my advice to you would be to invest it in a "Mutual Fund" or a CD (certificate of deposit) in the long run you'll be able to live off the interest from the mutual fund. Its just something to think about.

This thread should be re-titled "What Should I do with the 10k I just got?"

Exactly what I was thinking! Feels almost like a bench racing thread; very speculative and little information on what the OP asked. He's not asking for financial responsibility counseling here... he's asking if his mod choices are smart.

I say... make sure you spend some $$$ on this! Who wouldn't want something called the AB DOER ROFL

----------------------------------------------

Seriously though, I think you'll get the best "bang-for-your-buck" buying a used car that's already modded. Everyone knows you usually don't get your money back on these cars. Find someone who knows their stuff and is letting their car go.

If you keep your car, I'd have to agree with several previous posters on one thing: beef up the fuel system! The price difference of injectors is minimal considering you have $10k cash in hand. Buy 1400cc or bigger and make them your last set of injectors. You'll have the option to run gas or E85 even if you're not planning on E85. Ultimately, continue researching all the products in your mods spreadsheet and make justifiable and educated decisions...

I searched for awhile to find an unmodified DSM before I bought my Talon. I wouldn't be too quick to just buy someone else's built car. If you build it yourself, you know exactly what's done to the car. It's also much more satisfying to put exactly what you want into it and do it yourself if you ask me. There are pros and cons to either scenario, but just giving you the other side.

The koni yellow/GC kit will handle at least as well as the megans, ride better, and you can upgrade them to a full on track setup at some point in the future if you choose.

the only reason i want to buy the stuff is i like to build things myself, its a sense of self accomplishment and when someone asks who made the car fast etc.... i can say i did. Thats the one thing that is still making me feel like upgrading my car. I know if i sell i wont get it back but i have no reason to sell ever haha. ill look into the konis and ok 1400 cc injectors will be got. Will the 255 flow enough for the 1400cc injectors?

you can easily run an inline bosch 044 fuel pump along with the 255 in the tank and be fine with anything the hx35 can squeeze out.

also upgraded fuel lines make fuel flow even easier and require less strain on the fuel pump(s)

also imo FIC makes the most precise and linear injectors in sizes up to 2150cc ish. i would check out their website. also a little video from ecmtuning YouTube - easytune1750 hires

There is a point of pride in building things, but its expensive. There's no need to jump into buying anything, just because it says "built". Take your time, find something relatively local, make sure there's paperwork, and that things were done right. When you're talking about buying a dsm for around $10k, theres been a lot of work put in, and lots of money that has been spent. Just my two cents on the subject, it's what I would do if I were in your shoes.

ya i understand, in all honesty its not like im dropping in 20k or anything, and i dont want a car that is 600 hp or something like that haha. Im looking to build a good street car that has good looks. Ive added alot of personal touches to the inside too such as sound proofing the trunk and floor and door panels. Im more then likely gonna stick with my car and just upgrade. Either that or get a good 1994+ mitsu 3000gt vr4 haha its my favorite car

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back