The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Integra Type-R

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's maybe not an awd but for a fwd, it's one of the best. Reliablity and power/ liter ratio. Besides people to big of an ego for nothing but dsm. This is one of the truly great 4 CYLINDER N/A FWD car of the import world! It's a good car for every game. As they say in the ring, IT'S A WELL ROUNDED FIGHTER!

how cheap are you gonna get it for? And if you wanted a honda to track look in to a K24(TSX) swapped HONDA. In NJ and NYC alot of ppl are hitting mid to high 10's all motor, but obviously they aren't stock setups. Stock K24A or K20A swapped hondas hit like mid to low 12s.

My friend from high school, her Dad owns a BMW shop and he races a DC2 Type R at Willow Springs, CA. I got a chance to go a couple times for time attack. Man those cars have power and great handeling. I see these cars go for around $12-$14k.

I could care less about drag racing, i'm looking for a daily/track warrior without the major expense of heavier, more powerful vehicule.
It's quoted as the best FWD car off all time, it must be quite a bit good.
106hp/liter, N/A, not to shabby, 8500rpm screamer.

It's all about balance and the type r as it.

Thanks for all the replys and the free e-grassroots is nice. :)

I'll let you know if the trade falls through...

very nice car but if u dont have a garage PREPARE FOR NOT SLEEPING plus u need a 500dll super pro installation clifford NRG quick release no ECU bla bla bla AND the will get ## Stereo out

Integra typed r(stock) if im not mistaken are some the most competitive cars in there class for autocross or time attack. If i had a chance to get one i wouldnt pass it up they are freakin sweet and they have amazing power to wieght ratio from what ive read.

I have seen the itr's in action at the track and they handle great. I am a big fan of car. they are rare and a head turner wherever you go. I had a crx before and that was fun at the track. I went dsm and i never looked back. very clean car.

i had a 2000 gsr integra. i loved that thing! reliability was tits! and the vtec wasnt as bad as people make it "weak" to be.. but sold it before it got stolen! had a bunch of loser theif ass dudes driving around my block in eg civic's that id never seen in my neighborhood before. so i got rid of it..miss the hell outa it. :( never let me down

A true Type-R has a most of the anesthetic items removed or not installed should i say such as sound deadener and unnecessary items like the clock and stuff, it would probably be a good road race car from the factory with minor changes. the sway bars and suspension is pretty stiff to begin with. The 11.0:1 compression should help with the throttle response too.

but again... thats only if its a TRUE type-r and not just a swap...

It was a true type-r, carfax it and badge and everything.

Yes a good track car but I'm not willing to daily drive it and the deal was not that good after talking.

Better yet I'm gonna continue with my talon that I like 10 times more after that road test and yes having maybe more issues put I like my car...

Better yet I'm gonna continue with my talon that I like 10 times more after that road test and yes having maybe more issues put I like my car..

good idea man.. i have a daily driven 2002 nissan altima, great car for the everyday. and my gsx is my toy. 1tons of potential 2.i never worry about it being stolen 3.plus front wheel drive and power never mix in my opinion..

and i'm not saying that cause i'm bias to awd, i drove i 95 gst for 4.5 years... no matter what i did i was always fighting traction.

+ i like the way your talon looks man :)

[QUOTE
+ i like the way your talon looks man :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks man... :)

And not saying the type-r is a bad car, very far from that, but for my needs, and from what I tried, it's not want I want. I thought it was but no...

If someone it interested it's in Ontario, Canada, for 10K

[QUOTE

Thanks man... :)

And not saying the type-r is a bad car, very far from that, but for my needs, and from what I tried, it's not want I want. I thought it was but no...

If someone it interested it's in Ontario, Canada, for 10K[/QUOTE]

dang why so much? is it turbo charged or something? I've seen supra's for around 10k here...Once in a great while

10K Expensive for a Type R i think not thats what they go for, they are a rare car.
Theres one on craigslist in CT thats has 186K on it and the guy is asking 8k for it.

Last edited:
They really aren't bad cars at all. One of my buddies had one that was Yellow US Type R it was pretty sweet boosted and all it picked up really good especially once the v-tech hit. I personally wouldn't ever get one just because of how hot they are on people stealing them. And 10k for a really clean, low miles, original Type-R isn't bad at all. The guy I just bought my DD Accord from had a JDM type R RHD and he got 16,800 for it, it was amazingly clean and it only had 22000KM on it I believe.

I used to own a 96 GSR. What was it in the car that you didn't like? Was it the absence of torque, rattling exhaust noises, or constant wheelspin?
There are other things to consider when getting a honda. To be honest, the honda society is worse than DSM one. A lot of teenagers get civics and what not and rice em up and act dumb, giving honda a bad name. Sadly, it happens to the DSM as well. However, in attempt to rice up a turbocharged car, many and many kids beat the shit out of their cars, and then inevitably blow them up.
Apart from all that, my GSR did handle exceptionally well for a fwd car. I think that is about it.

The ITR(Integra Type R) is known for it's very strong b18c5 powerplant. although this engine doesnt produce the same amount of horsepower and torque that our 4g63s have or can handle, the engine is very reliable. The b18c5 is known for it's very tight tolerances from the factory like being balanced and able to withstand very high revs!!! This engine is a very remarkable engine considering from the factory natrully aspirated makes more then 100 h.p. per liter, which is quite remarkable. The car can handle very well, especially in stock trim, you must take into account its age and worn suspension parts. Also it's worth value is very high, especially amongst the average honda enthusiast! These cars are very fun to drive, very torquey and just a lot of fun. It may not be on par with the power of a dsm, but a very impressive, reliable, quick, fun, agile little car!! If you can get a good deal on it i say jump on it!

good idea man.. i have a daily driven 2002 nissan altima, great car for the everyday. and my gsx is my toy. 1tons of potential 2.i never worry about it being stolen 3.plus front wheel drive and power never mix in my opinion..

and i'm not saying that cause i'm bias to awd, i drove i 95 gst for 4.5 years... no matter what i did i was always fighting traction.

An ITR also has an LSD, your gst most likely didn't.

heres my advice.

DO IT.

as a former integra owner, i can attest to their reliability and extremely affordable aftermarket, even in the ITR section. I had an LS with Skunk2 Coilovers and a JDM ITR sway bar and manhandled people when i took it autocrossing. I couldnt say much about it in a straight line, but man was it fun to toss into some twisties.

one thing i HIGHLY suggest is investing in a QUALITY alarm system! All integras, ESPECIALLY the type-R have EXTREME high theft rates.

good deal....very smart man hahaha and ## tsi is beautiful by the way. and i dont know anythig about hondas except all of them around here stay behind us DSM's LOL except one

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back