The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Insane camber!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do they get the axles/hub/etc to do that? Sure you could probably force an axle to articulate like that but you'd tear the boot in a mile just from dragging it and I'm not convinced the joints are going to make it much further down the road.

Are they making "silly camber" car parts now, specifically designed for this kind of thing? I'd just be amazed if the OEM parts could do this, let alone tolerate it.

Looks like shit, no reason to ever do this. Let alone to a performance car.

How is this thread still open? This "style" should be in the top 10 things NOT to do with your car, next would be leaving the oil out of it.

It's obvious why this style is called "VIP". It's the same reason you see people at expensive restaurants order a huge steak and only eat a few bites, the same reason clubbers pay bathroom attendants $10 to hand them a towel.

It's an ostentatious, obvious, disgusting display of waste and wealth. Yes the tires only last a few thousand miles, that's the whole point, the message is, "look at how I can afford to waste thousands of dollars on expensive tires in an obvious and public way, I am a VIP."

Now if you actually are a VIP who is RIDING in that car on the way to your private jet, that is pretty freaking bada$$. If you are driving that car or thinking about making a car you drive look like that, you are either a chauffeur or a desperate reaching wannabe toolkit.

Camber is a new trend that is growing in the states. To me I like it on some cars, but at the same time I just don't understand the point of slaughtering your tires, wearing out your drive-train, and destroying your suspension and under-carriage. Maybe that's why it is so attractive to so many peoples eyes. The mystery of why lives on.

The first one looked ok until I seen it move.... Something like that should be parked for show and at least have a way to adjust it if you drive it on the streets. Second one..... smh the owner should jump it and see if it breaks.

Off topic a bit but why does every modification to a vehicle anymore either have to make it faster or be harshly criticized... Some cars race, some cars sit in the grass at car shows and get awards for creativity or pushing limits.

i was raised with classic muscle cars and got into the JDM scene back with the release of the '91 CRX SI.. JDM auto culture's been been all but boring to me, until lately. i've always been a huge fan of VIP, Style Wagons, Drift, Wangan and Bosozoku as well as Deco Tora~! though some of the styles from japan can be crazy, to say the least, i've always loved the creativity and variety.. something i find the USDM lacks and is soooo focused on power and performance. though i love motorsports and spirited drives.. driving so fast all the time never gives the bystanders time to appreciate your ride too ;)
to each his own.. im not hating.. but all the purists and haters on here and personal experiences meeting mitsubishi owners is one of the main reasons im worried about getting a mitsubishi.

i was raised with classic muscle cars and got into the JDM scene back with the release of the '91 CRX SI.. JDM auto culture's been been all but boring to me, until lately. i've always been a huge fan of VIP, Style Wagons, Drift, Wangan and Bosozoku as well as Deco Tora~! though some of the styles from japan can be crazy, to say the least, i've always loved the creativity and variety.. something i find the USDM lacks and is soooo focused on power and performance. though i love motorsports and spirited drives.. driving so fast all the time never gives the bystanders time to appreciate your ride too ;)
to each his own.. im not hating.. but all the purists and haters on here and personal experiences meeting mitsubishi owners is one of the main reasons im worried about getting a mitsubishi.

Honestly, your car is just that. YOURS. If I want my car fast, I'll make it fast. If I want my car clean, then I'll do that too. Too many people focus on what others will think, I just do what I want and that's how it should be. If someone has a problem with how I do things, then they can look the other way :hellyeah:

Stop worrying, there's a lot of members here that will surely hate on you, but if that's a concern, I think you might have the wrong hobby.

Exactly why I cannot stand half of these people. Half of the people that drive ugly paintless rust buckets on here are the first ones to hate on everything that is nicer than theirs.
haha so ####ing trueROFL

Can't quite remember where I found these pictures but they were hiding in my Eclipse folder

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I like the creativity behind all the car scenes. Even if it's the most ridiculous thing I've seen, I still respect it because someone turned their idea into a reality.

I may not like how their car looks. But hey, to each their own.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back