The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Insane camber!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It seems that the DSM world is getting polluted, by by all of these people that are just posers or people that are just concerned with whatever they perceive to be the latest goofy trend....(Honda/VW). Why does anybody give a sh I t about JDM....this not Japan. No disrespect towards Japan at all, but we are not there. There really is nothing JDM about Eclipse/Talon cars, they were designed and built here in Normal Illinois, in a plant co owned and designed by Mitsu and Chrysler. These cars were designed to be fast and handle really well, why anybody would want to undo that is beyond me. If that's what you want why don't you just get a VW, because that seems to be a VW thing. The VIP/Hellaflush whatever term you want to use is just plain stupid AND unsafe and doesn't belong on open public roads. Tires are not designed to be stretched like that are just asking for sidewall failure and a blowout, possible wrecking the car and possibly taking out another car with it.

Just my .02The performance world is really about form FOLLOWS function.

Can't quite remember where I found these pictures but they were hiding in my Eclipse folder

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I like the creativity behind all the car scenes. Even if it's the most ridiculous thing I've seen, I still respect it because someone turned their idea into a reality.

I may not like how their car looks. But hey, to each their own.
looks pretty good to me a little to low for my taste but hey like you said to each their own

It seems that the DSM world is getting polluted, by by all of these people that are just posers or people that are just concerned with whatever they perceive to be the latest goofy trend....(Honda/VW). Why does anybody give a sh I t about JDM....this not Japan. No disrespect towards Japan at all, but we are not there. There really is nothing JDM about Eclipse/Talon cars, they were designed and built here in Normal Illinois, in a plant co owned and designed by Mitsu and Chrysler. These cars were designed to be fast and handle really well, why anybody would want to undo that is beyond me. If that's what you want why don't you just get a VW, because that seems to be a VW thing. The VIP/Hellaflush whatever term you want to use is just plain stupid AND unsafe and doesn't belong on open public roads. Tires are not designed to be stretched like that are just asking for sidewall failure and a blowout, possible wrecking the car and possibly taking out another car with it.

Just my .02The performance world is really about form FOLLOWS function.

I wouldn't say the DSM world is getting polluted by people who are interested in new styles and trends. I can understand why people on a performance driven site wouldn't be interested in these styles and trends. But that doesn't mean you have to accuse those who are interested or like the style to be pollution.

I like the way the Eclipse looks. Now, I'm a performance minded person, I want to build a car that's fun on the track and fun off of it. And that's exactly what I'm doing. But, I'm not going to tell the owner of a stanced or extremely lowered Eclipse who doesn't care if he goes fast that he's a pollution to the DSM world because he isn't performance orientated.

Stretched tires are really sketchy for me, though. I've seen it happen too many times both in person and in threads. Not sure on the legality of stretching tires. But I do agree that it's unsafe and isn't worth the risk of it blowing out and wrecking another motorist.

I wouldn't say the DSM world is getting polluted by people who are interested in new styles and trends. I can understand why people on a performance driven site wouldn't be interested in these styles and trends. But that doesn't mean you have to accuse those who are interested or like the style to be pollution.

I like the way the Eclipse looks. Now, I'm a performance minded person, I want to build a car that's fun on the track and fun off of it. And that's exactly what I'm doing. But, I'm not going to tell the owner of a stanced or extremely lowered Eclipse who doesn't care if he goes fast that he's a pollution to the DSM world because he isn't performance orientated.

Stretched tires are really sketchy for me, though. I've seen it happen too many times both in person and in threads. Not sure on the legality of stretching tires. But I do agree that it's unsafe and isn't worth the risk of it blowing out and wrecking another motorist.
Hate to say it human nature to hate some thing you don't understand or what's different from you but us Americans as a society take it to another level. If it doesn't fit into the norm some thing has to be wrong or it's stupid etc. That's why this country is so racist,homophobic, etc you get the point.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound truly nasty, but those cars are so not what this forum is/was about and there is so much more of people into that style getting on the site that eventually that will change the direction of it. This is the best DSM site....period! I am registered on almost all of the others and a lot of the people on those are aswholes. There even people registered on some that diss this site, but then get on here too.

I like most types of cars, it's just some of them are going so far out there that they almost look like a clown car....something I would expect to see in a circus with 90 clowns getting out (extreme stance) I actually like some of the slammed cars if they're not too extreme.

Once again my bad, I spoke/typed before thinking

Hate to say it human nature to hate some thing you don't understand or what's different from you but us Americans as a society take it to another level. If it doesn't fit into the norm some thing has to be wrong or it's stupid etc. That's why this country is so racist,homophobic, etc you get the point.

You are so correct, that is why, I think we as a society are SO screwed. That is why I corrected my post with a correction. Guilty of open mouth first, think second

looks pretty good to me a little to low for my taste but hey like you said to each their own

Overall a little low for my taste too, wheels look too getto, but otherwise it's a really clean car and looks nice

Sorry, didn't mean to sound truly nasty, but those cars are so not what this forum is/was about and there is so much more of people into that style getting on the site that eventually that will change the direction of it. This is the best DSM site....period! I am registered on almost all of the others and a lot of the people on those are aswholes. There even people registered on some that diss this site, but then get on here too.

I like most types of cars, it's just some of them are going so far out there that they almost look like a clown car....something I would expect to see in a circus with 90 clowns getting out (extreme stance) I actually like some of the slammed cars if they're not too extreme.

Once again my bad, I spoke/typed before thinking

It's alright, friend. :thumb: We all have different tastes. I agree that this is the best DSM site. Loads of information, kind and helpful members, and a lot of supporting vendors. I don't think my DSM would be running without the help of the members of dsmtuners. :p

The hover stanced car gave me a good laugh. He's probably built that car for the shock value. Not a fan of it... but it's fun to see.

Its funny make all these comments about there cars, but have u ever wondered if they think our "stock appearing" cars are POS or tasteless? We are ###### the ricers to them LOL WTF

While I personally find those "mods" repulsive, DSM'ers need to be more open minded. They claim how it is so unsafe and impractical yet plenty of members have cars that VERY fast and have lost a great amount of drivability and practicality due to their performance mods. I personally don't see the difference between a car that is is barely streetable because of a giant turbo vs someone running a ridiculous amount of camber.

And for all the people who criticize those mods because of safety, how many DSM owners have cut or even removed their crash beam in order to fit a FMIC? I know I have. I sure as hell don't own or drive a DSM because it's a safe car. I own one because I enjoy them and it makes me happy.

All i'm saying is that people need to realize that whether a mod was done for performance or for appearance it is all the same if it makes the vehicle less safe or less practical. If removing airbags and seat belts some how added HP almost every DSM'er would approve. But if the same exact thing was done to a honda in order to make it more "VIP" then it would be hated on.

Removing weight by removing the seatbelts... Brilliant! :rocks:

I don't think so though, professional racing has done a good job teaching people that safety is cool. I think most people would like 5/6 point harnesses in their cars, even if they don't track them.

If removing airbags and seat belts some how added HP almost every DSM'er would approve. But if the same exact thing was done to a honda in order to make it more "VIP" then it would be hated on.

Removing weight by removing the seatbelts... Brilliant! :rocks:

I don't think so though, professional racing has done a good job teaching people that safety is cool. I think most people would like 5/6 point harnesses in their cars, even if they don't track them.

What I meant to get across is that people think that their shit doesn't stink, in this case DSM'ers. Anyone who has seen the thread about painting a valve cover certain colors to help with performance knows what I'm talking about.

Whether it was done for performance or for looks doesn't change the outcome.

I don't hate on people for doing this to their cars (it's their car), but my Personal taste is that it's f'n retarted! But again, that's my opinion, and I (unlike many) don't try to force my opinions onto anyone else, as it is just that...an opinion.

The way I see it, everyone has their opinion, and they are all different, that's what makes them opinions. What erks me is when other people try to force their opinion on everyone else who has a different opinion, or thinks their opinion is the only one that should matter.

Like what you like, hate what you hate, and let others do the same! Is that soooo hard to do?

Nate

While I personally find those "mods" repulsive, DSM'ers need to be more open minded. They claim how it is so unsafe and impractical yet plenty of members have cars that VERY fast and have lost a great amount of drivability and practicality due to their performance mods. I personally don't see the difference between a car that is is barely streetable because of a giant turbo vs someone running a ridiculous amount of camber.

And for all the people who criticize those mods because of safety, how many DSM owners have cut or even removed their crash beam in order to fit a FMIC? I know I have. I sure as hell don't own or drive a DSM because it's a safe car. I own one because I enjoy them and it makes me happy.

All i'm saying is that people need to realize that whether a mod was done for performance or for appearance it is all the same if it makes the vehicle less safe or less practical. If removing airbags and seat belts some how added HP almost every DSM'er would approve. But if the same exact thing was done to a honda in order to make it more "VIP" then it would be hated on.
thank you took the words right out of my mouth, I hate the guys who scream function over form but they are no different then the guys who they are bashing.You call a guy a idot for running wide rims & a lot of camber but you put a rollcage in your car but never go to the track or like like those show queens. Spend over 20000 but it stays in youre garage 11-12 months year round. But to be honest I don't care what anybody does with their cars because it's their car I just hate when people bash other people without looking at their selves and actions

Go ahead and define "true DSMer".

-Sent from my SortaflushMildStretch

Damn thats ####ed up that some of you are glad he totaled his car. Like i said earlier that's what's wrong with america, I don't care how much I hate or dislike somebody car,how they talk,walk or dress etc am i going to laugh or wish misfortunes or other bad things on somebody

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back