The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Insane camber!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't think the wheels fit the car's looks (more Lexus/VIP/etc). Still not "awesome" as stated above.

Speed bump that's what happen here.

I guarantee the definition isn't "person who drives a non turbo 1g with hideous tail lights".

1. The tails were photoshopped in my picture, but nice try. LOL
2. Simply because all I care to tell people on this forum that I drive is a "non turbo 1g with hideous taillights" , doesnt mean I dont have a passion for DSMs, and from what I see I'd gladly take my 2g Talon over your POS any day of the week.

I think its hilarious that this Talon with oversized rims, tires thinner than my razor blade, and slammed on its nuts got destroyed. :dsm:

Lando, im not sure theres a definition. Its purely subjective. I know its a rhetorical question but IMO Its just a person who really cares about these cars and has probably loved them since he/she first saw one. I dont personally agree with putting form before function i.e: VIP look. I think its unsafe first of all and secondly i think its of poor taste. Something you might see more in the honda crowd. Then again thats a SUBJECTIVE viewpoint, im not right nor wrong. (well it IS unsafe LOL)
Btw,congrats on keeping your "moderator" status. That project ebay thread was a brawl ,you normally see others going at it. You jumped right in! Good job

his jdm suspension, and tire mods prevented evasive action on usdm roads.

LOL!

Lando, im not sure theres a definition. Its purely subjective. I know its a rhetorical question
It's not. I'd like an answer based purely on the fact that ill will is wished to someone's car in this community, solely based on an appearance mod. We all do the "set it on fire", and "burn it" comments sometimes, but this person lost their car in an unknown circumstance, and we make not one, but now TWO posts about how it's a good thing?

F'in kids.

Btw,congrats on keeping your "moderator" status. That project ebay thread was a brawl ,you normally see others going at it. You jumped right in! Good job
The biggest threat to me losing the green is me asking to have it revoked, or just not coming back. Unless Chris thinks otherwise... ;)

:ohdamn:

Notice the Texas registration and inspection stickers. I also, live in texas.
I saw this car almost daily at the high school I went to,and unfortunately I knew the moron who drove it. I drove by this wreck. My step dad, was the supervisor for this accident and pulled the guy over himself numerous times for his erratic driving.

Obviously, everyone is entitled to their own opinion about the way this car looks. but personally seeing how ridiculous the driver handled this car just to put on a show for his lowrider buddies makes it even better for me.

& it may just be me,but a person who respects these cars and what they mean to others, doesn't go throw on the taco package to act like a fool down the boulevard.

:ohdamn:

Notice the Texas registration and inspection stickers. I also, live in texas.
I saw this car almost daily at the high school I went to,and unfortunately I knew the moron who drove it. I drove by this wreck. My step dad, was the supervisor for this accident and pulled the guy over himself numerous times for his erratic driving.

Obviously, everyone is entitled to their own opinion about the way this car looks. but personally seeing how ridiculous the driver handled this car just to put on a show for his lowrider buddies makes it even better for me.

& it may just be me,but a person who respects these cars and what they mean to others, doesn't go throw on the taco package to act like a fool down the boulevard.
So you're basing your comment on the person/actions as opposed to the wheels, now?

What's a "taco package"?

I'm saying the look of the ride comes hand in hand with the personality of the driver. My comments were based on my opinions.

Take a trip to Amarillo and hang out on the Blvd for a weekend, you'll be overran by lowriders and the idiots who drive them racing to the 14 taco stands.

Just making sure we were stereotyping. We're clear.

1. The tails were photoshopped in my picture, but nice try. LOL
2. Simply because all I care to tell people on this forum that I drive is a "non turbo 1g with hideous taillights" , doesnt mean I dont have a passion for DSMs, and from what I see I'd gladly take my 2g Talon over your POS any day of the week.

I think its hilarious that this Talon with oversized rims, tires thinner than my razor blade, and slammed on its nuts got destroyed. :dsm:

Another thing is a "true dsmer" wouldn't mistake a eclipse for a talon, especially if they saw it nearly every day at their highscool. And I would love to know how my talon is classified as a POS. Please enlighten me.

Last edited:
There is no true DSMer. Different people like to do different things to their cars. Get over it. At least he didn't rice the thing out, he went with what is popular in the scene right now

Another thing is a "true dsmer" wouldn't mistake a talon for an eclipse, especially if they saw it nearly every day at their highscool. And I would love to know how my talon is classified as a POS. Please enlighten me.

Twas a talon before it was an eclipse man. & you tell me, you drive it. ROFL

:argue:

Attachments

• dsm-purity-creed.jpg
    dsm-purity-creed.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 236
Lol "regardless of the power plant"

Says the guy with a 1.8, big surprise. This purist thing is disgusting. Get over yourself people, DSM's are awesome and I love them but some people take it way to far. The elitist attitude some people are displaying in this thread is embarrassing for the DSM community; ya know the "true" DSMers

I dont think anyone deserves special treatment, everyone is entitled to their own opinion dude.
I personally, think the look of rims sticking out past the tires, slammed below a functional heigth, rims that are too big for my taste, and tires that are so thin they need to be replaced every 20 miles, looks beyond stupid.

That aside, don't dish out the dick if you can't handle it when it comes back around to slap you in the face.

I wasn't a "****" to you or anyone else until I got it first. I'm not takin' it personal, and neither should anyone else that's going to make assumptions they have no idea about. Like my "1.8 ( +.2 ) powerplant"

I'm not taking anything personally. I just find it ridiculous that people would be glad about a car getting wrecked just because it doesn't appeal to their personal taste.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back