The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

HX users, let's see your 02 housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gamble97

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 3, 2006
small town, Illinois
Looking to see what everyone with an hx35,hx40 are doing for o2 housings/downpipes. Mine is vband out and I already have a apex downpipe, so not too sure where to go from here.

Off a bolt-on housing instead of the v-band, but similar idea if you stay with your downpipe. I would ask a vendor to fabricate one for you, they could easily make a jig so they could position it correct and make it v-band flange to mate to the turbine housing.

Attachments

• Photo-0023(1).jpg
    Photo-0023(1).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 457
What size vband is needed on a hx40 exhaust outlet?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Punishment Racing recirculated MVS housing on the BEP bolt on housing.

Only downside to using the Punishment (great product BTW) is this issue I personally had with my slim fan.

(Mishimoto radiator and fan shroud assembly)

What size vband is needed on a hx40 exhaust outlet?

The VBand on my HX40 sitting here in front of me at work measures 3.999" at the largest OD of the actual VBand mating flange. The exit at the turbine housing is 2.585", and then tapers to that 3.999" measurement. What I'm going to do is cut off the factory VBand section, and weld on my own VBand. This is the part I am using: Flange, 3" V-Band Flange with Integrated O2 Bung Port, mild steel : atpturbo.com Then using a 3" SS doughnut and another set of 3" VBand flanges and clamp I will fabricate the bend down to the downpipe.

Then you are using STANDARD VBand flanges and clamps, instead of those weird Holset VBand flange and clamp sizes.

This is if using the factory Holset turbine housing...

That ATP Turbo even has a couple pre-fabbed downpipes that may work out for some people!
Check them out:
http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=ATP-MDP-010&Category_Code=MDP
http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=ATP-MDP-002&Category_Code=MDP

I welded on my own 3" vband on my holset and created my own o2/downpipe. Ill post pics later.

I have the same setup (hx40 t3 3" vband and Apex'i downpipe). Does anyone sell an o2 housing for this? I need one ASAP

I made my own. Use a vband (mine was 3" because of the bep housing) and then get a 120* bend pipe. Cut and weld.

i would like to see some t3 bep vband 02 set ups as i am about to finish one up

This is the DP/ o2 eliminator Joe at redjack made me for my build.

If you dont mind me asking, what was the price for this? Ive dealt with joe before and he is a very good guy to do business with.

I ordered mine from Punishment Racing.

Down Pipe

Custom 3" v-band o2 housing/downpipe.

Well I have my engine completed and ready to go in the car. This picture of a custom o2 housing solved my problem. Thanks for the pic it speaks a 1000 words!:thumb: I am using a 120 degree stainless steel u-bend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back