The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Holset hx40 makes 685hp and 584tq

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badman21

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 16, 2005
Rosedale, New_York
Just got home from the dyno with some decent dyno number trying to make it to the track some time next week.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

are u still running the wolf system??

are your posted mods still the same?

btw what psi were you running to get that hp

Ok which turbo was it.
The title says HX40 but your profile says Gt3076r Turbo
And you just said 'different turbo'

Previously this was posted and you said to be on an HX40
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2933/hx40.jpg
so if you were using an hx40 before what changed to get the new higher HP dyno run

nice numbers, what housing are you running, which hx40 variant as well?
and he meant same mods as in his profile but with a different turbo than listed in his profile

assuming the same hx40 both times.
what changed to cause the big power increase that is now held an extra 1000rpms.

well we are running e85 now before it was a 50/50 mix of meth and pump 93oct i have to change my profile i am running the hx40 the gt30 was 2 years ago i made 543hp and 484tq with that turbo

Yo man.... This is Brandon.... How come you didnt tell me you were going to the dyno?? So now we keeping secrets?? LOL... Congrats on the numbers though.....

I'll update the holset results thread. You're a good guy and know what you're talking about. Don't let your status prevent you from contributing here. . . In case you're even bothered with it. . . Several of us will always have your back :)

. . .Gude stuff man. Some turbos make good numbers at lower boost and can't hold such boost. Others make good numbers at higher boost and hold such boost. In the end it's the results that matter. Good to see what can be done. Your mods list is for everyone to see. No tricks. Just good old fashioned bolt it on and see what it will do. OMG hks 272s and the small bep housing. WOW!

Those numbers are awesome.. congrats Badman. :hellyeah: I have almost the same setup on my car... built 2.4 w FP3 cams, a billet 7blade hx40pro w a 18cm^2 housing, and a ts t4 manifold. I hope my numbers wind up even remotely close to yours, but I'll be surprised if I can sustain 40+psi without breaking anything. Does your turbo have a billet wheel?

The 1995-1996 didn't have a cas box on the head where the 1g cars and 2Gb cars have theirs. OK I'm not specific enough. My bad ;). . . Click. 1997-1999 cars still have that unit. I can't see the difference. I'm sure the OP will respond.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back