The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Help kind of stumped very hard cold starts than frying ECU's back to back

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moboostin

Probationary Member
Feb 3, 2018
LA, California
hey guys hoping maybe I can get some insight.. got a 92 talon awd turbo 6 bolt motor minor bolt ons big16g 2g maf full exhaust & 550cc injectors. Thing doesn't start on its own unless I spray starter fluid.. I fixed most of the boost leaks changed the maf still no change. might start up once after 20 cranks if I catch the revs till it warms up. long story short I took my ecu out to look inside to see maybe if something was off from the starting issue nothing seemed burnt? so I put it back than it started smoking and drivers IC106-108 fried. I had another ecu laying around so I swapped in but this ecu also started smoking and the same drivers got fried. The car starts up on its a lot better with this ecu but still after a few cranks if im lucky. I don't know if there is a short or if a wire popped out the harness for the ecu causing it to keep frying? I also try to unplug the maf but nothing really happens besides a slight rise in the idle.. It does not have dsm link its got an safc I bought the car like this.. first the no start and now 2 ecu got burnt.. once it runs it idles fine and I can rev it no problem got 14+ volts from the alternator

Figured i’d update everyone, i replaced the coolant temp sensor wires at the sensor they were a bit brittle and threw the 450s in there so far she starts up aboht 20 times back to back while fully warmed. I think she’s good now i haven’t repacked the iac yet or repacked the ecu with the burnt drivers but she starts up still so i guess once i get those replaced she should be 100%
Glad to hear that :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back