The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

PXL_20260322_002854185.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

ForcedFour Time Capsule

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T that was a piece of Lancaster, PA history that I've brought to MA. Also my first car that isn't rotten.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Since your intercooler/piping is all aftermarket according to your build, I doubt you have another port, but always worth a look. That would be ideal for boost control but maybe not feasible right now. Eventually you could tap a port into your intercooler piping somewhere.

BOV should have a larger diameter source than the P port on the TB. Save P port for when you get a boost gauge, preferably sooner than later since you're already running higher than stock boost. Even an inexpensive boost gauge and single A-pillar pod would be better than the stocker.

If it were me, I'd move boost controller to port E on the throttle body. This port is boost only, which is what you want for boost control. Then move the BOV back to the stock location on the intake manifold port.
 
Yeah that makes sense. Once I get some cash aside I'll get a better gauge.

As for the E port, where is that one?
BOV should have a larger diameter source than the P port on the TB.
Yeahhhh... That's why I was so confused when the 6mm BOV hose was T'd to a 4mm heading to that port. Dunno why PO did that but...
 
Okay, so port E is a 4mm, right? My boost controller is a 6mm line. I know you said that port E is boost only, but with the difference in diameter, would the pressure reading be consistent and accurate?

Also, that port is part of the emissions system, right? Does it see constant pressure, or only under certain circumstances?

I just wanna make sure I understand it fully, because the last thing I want to do is overboost and blow up my daily LOL
 
Okay, so I've decided to just tap the intercooler piping and add a port. Less guessing, and I'm just more comfortable doing that. I bought all the stuff I need to when I was at work.

Should I do it leading to the throttle body or on the other side of the intercooler core after the turbo?
 
Okay, so I've decided to just tap the intercooler piping and add a port. Less guessing, and I'm just more comfortable doing that. I bought all the stuff I need to when I was at work.

Should I do it leading to the throttle body or on the other side of the intercooler core after the turbo?
Good idea! It should be close to the turbo, so somewhere on the lower intercooler pipe.

If you're concerned about too much boost you can always bypass the boost controller and run boost source directly to the wastegate actuator. On a stock actuator it would give you somewhere between 7 and 12psi.
 
If you're concerned about too much boost you can always bypass the boost controller and run boost source directly to the wastegate actuator. On a stock actuator it would give you somewhere between 7 and 12psi.
I'm not worried about too much boost in general, I was just concerned the EBC wasn't going to get a perfect reading on port E and it would overboost accidentally. Just speculation and paranoia since my Eclipse is my pride and joy LOL

I have yet to confirm anything, but I think I'm making around 20psi? I know for certain it's more than what the stock boost gauge can estimate, so it's more than 14. It punches HARD after 5k, so the 20 is just an estimate :p
 
Been a minute, guys.

I'm putting the Eclipse away for winter soon, and I decided to start saving money for parts over the winter while I'm spending less money on insurance, gas, and necessities.

I was planning on getting a Walbro 255, since I don't trust my stock fuel pump AND because I'm trying to retire the Eclipse as a daily; so more power on the horizon.

With that being said, I should probably upgrade the fuel injectors. I'm sitting on 550ccs right now, and I don't feel comfortable pushing more power out of them. What size AND what brand is recommended? Fuel injection is something I'm unfamiliar with, so I'm still learning the brands and such. Any advice, knowledge, or anything like that, would be greatly appreciated!

Also, what is the consensus on keeping the current eBay 20g? My exhaust manifold and stuff is all FP right now, so would it be a bad idea to swap out the mystery turbo for an FP Green later down the line? Just food for thought.
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 2g 2g AWD auto trans case
    2g AWD auto trans case. No broken bolts or stripped threads. Bead blasted case will look new...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 2g 2g GST auto trans case
    2g auto trans case. With bearing plate and end case covers. Good condition. Trans was like...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • Wanted 2g 2g radiator support
    Im looking for a radiator support if anyone has one
    • Fundsm
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 3 inch Magnaflow SS high flow cat. CA approved.
    3 inch Magnaflow stainless cat. High flow. 18.25 inches. Flange holes are 4 1/8 center. Has...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 4G63 Race parts.
    Brand new seal in box Kigglys HLA 175$Kigglys 12 tooth billet crankshaft triggel setup 250$...
    • GST2012GSX
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top