The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Finally got the spyder on a dyno!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crash89

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Finally figured out my sputtering issue and had the car running pretty decent and decided to take it down to Hybridworks Automotive in Vallejo Ca to get on the dyno. So here it is, the car made 297.6 fwhp and 250 f/lbs torque on stock injectors!! This is on a 10 lb spring boosting at around 13-14 psi and on a DynoJet. Pretty exciting and scary at the same time considering the idc's were 90% by 5k and 110+ by redline.

The cars got an mhi 20g w/ tial 38mm wg
Ebay tubular mani
BC 272 cams
Wally 255 pump and AEM fpr
VRS FMIC w/ Greddy type s bov
And Megan 3" dp and 3" ebay cat back

Since this video Ive had my injectors and tuned the car via DSMlink v3..

YouTube - ‪99 eclipse dyno‬‏

Attachments

• tomsdyno.jpg
    tomsdyno.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 135
  • tomsbay.jpg
    tomsbay.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Numbers, if only these cars weren't so damn heavy!

What kind of knock are you seeing?

The cars got an mhi 20g w/ tial 38mm wg

Just curious, TD05H (what ex. housing?) or TD06H ?

Either way, pretty good for stock injectors. Those cams probably also account for a fair amount of that.

I don't know where I would've dynoed, but IIRC when I admitedly half-ass tuned the 97 with the 14b (7cm TD05H housing) at 17psi on the stock cams and 450's I only hit ~90% IDC. Goes to show the difference in the two compressors and the lackluster stock 2G cams if you're also using a 7cm TD05H.

RADDSM: I did a log on this pull and only saw knock from 6 to 7k and it ranged from 1 to 4 counts.. Still pretty scary to me considering I cant adjust anything yet until I figure out this junk with my notebook not reading ECUflash..

DELTA: I cant give you a "for sure" answer being that I havent personally measured the exhaust housing. However, just going from things Ive read from Justin I can only assume that Ive got the TDO5H 7cm housing. And judging from the torque curve in the lower RPM range, Its pretty obvious that the cams help a ton in that department. I cant wait to get everything squared away and see how things change!

Thanks for the comments fellas!

Nice! Do you know how much air you were pushing?
None the less, i like the numbers! I need to get mine squared away and dyno'ed, curious to see where i sit!

That's impressive for some stock injectors :cool: How many lbs you looking to push once they are upgraded?

I just swapped in my 1000s last night and got a small base tune on pump gas at 20lbs. No traction through third gear on my heavy 18s. Im headed to the track on friday with Kp116 and MrPeepers, lets see if I cant break something eh! :hellyeah:

Skatershawn: I honestly couldnt tell you from my log. I could look on my buddies laptop that tuned the car and probably see what it is now though.

Wow you made that power without any tune?

Correct.. I had only had the 20g and WG on the car for about a month at the time with just a 10 pound spring in the wastegate. No tune whatsoever. I really want to get the car on a dyno now since Ive put my 1000s in put a tune to her! Perhaps at the shootout!

Wait, you made 297whp with NO TUNE WHATSOEVER? Meaning stock untouched ECU? That's nuts.

not bad for such low boost, i can only hope my fp 18g will see as good of results

Congrats little spyder. Almost in that 300hp club:cool: Keep up the good work!

Im well into the 300 club now.. Since this video Ive installed my 1000cc injectors and v3 tuned to 19psi.. Pretty conservative since Im still on pump gas.. Going E85 after I rewire my 255 after we get back from the Shootout..

One thing I can say is that is a Great 297whp! You can clearly see how much more potential the car has. Nice job.

I've never been to the dyno yet so I can only imagine how that feels.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back