The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Finally dynoed the 16g/e85

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayRolla

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2006
Colorado Spring, Colorado
Well not too disappointed since it is the biggest heartbreaker dyno out there but I ended up making 327.1whp and 335.1ftlb. A little low on the tq but not too bad. Another guy there made the same as me on his 16g and hit 404whp on a dyno jet not too long back.

Here are some videos of the dyno. Im like the 5th car in on the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-aApe6n9gw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KapTFb9mBjg
327.1whp 335.1ftlb
32psi falling off to about 26. 22* timing up top and 12.0 afr.

Attachments

• IMG_0132[1].JPG
    IMG_0132[1].JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,438
Last edited:
What's up Jay, nice to have put a face with a name finally. We need to find a nice deserted stretch of road for some fun...looks like our cars would be really close. I've been trying to figure out where the extra TQ comes from in my setup but I'm stumped.

LOL revolutions performance. so many bad things have come out of that place as far as dyno talk. it blows. i hate to say this, but if you want a good tune, and an accurate dyno, go to PFI. i know i know its a honda place. but the owner(brent) is a freaking tuning guru. actually, i guess a 1g dsm with a gt30 just came out of there and made 502whp on only 18lbs of boost. ive got real life experience in cars that were tuned by brent, and they are not dissapointing. give them a call. heres a vid of my buddy robbie mauchs honda in the process of tuning.

YouTube - pink hatch

LOL revolutions performance. so many bad things have come out of that place as far as dyno talk. it blows. i hate to say this, but if you want a good tune, and an accurate dyno, go to PFI. i know i know its a honda place. but the owner(brent) is a freaking tuning guru. actually, i guess a 1g dsm with a gt30 just came out of there and made 502whp on only 18lbs of boost. ive got real life experience in cars that were tuned by brent, and they are not dissapointing. give them a call. heres a vid of my buddy robbie mauchs honda in the process of tuning.

YouTube - pink hatch

Actually I tuned my car myself and this is normal for this type of dyno. I hate to say if you want a good tune you need to learn how to tune yourself and not trust some other guy. Its not rocket science. My 16g is maxed and my tune cant really get any better. This was a free dyno day setup by Jacks Transmissions LLC — Welcome so it was just to see what its laying down.

What's up Jay, nice to have put a face with a name finally. We need to find a nice deserted stretch of road for some fun...looks like our cars would be really close. I've been trying to figure out where the extra TQ comes from in my setup but I'm stumped.

Im not sure either. I was hoping for over 350tq like you had and I expected that. I think we just need a new turbo, time to prove Jack wrong about the holset. I need to stop in the shop more often and say whats up. Dont do it anymore since he got all busy after starting the trans shop up.

Who cares what they made on their dyno. Apples to Oranges. Two complete different dynos. I dont believe PFI can do steady state tuning. I dont recall of any dynojets in colorado that have invested in a eddy current brake for their dynojet.

Well not too disappointed since it is the biggest heartbreaker dyno out there but I ended up making 327.1whp and 335.1ftlb. A little low on the tq but not too bad. Another guy there made the same as me on his 16g and hit 404whp on a dyno jet not too long back.

327.1whp 335.1ftlb

Great numbers man. By the way, are you still on the stock cams and intake manifold?

Jay, you haven't touched the camshafts, have you?

Nope still stock cams and intake mani. Mathewdesigns there had a set of 264's and made the same numbers as me. I need a bigger turbo.

I would like to see how a 272 combo would work with your setup. I think you would definitely gain some numbers up top.

But yes, a bigger turbo would do you good.

Last edited:
there is a difference there if ya didnt know. a mustang dyno has load bearings as where a dyno jet doesnt. you can make 400 on a dynojet but only a max max of 350 on a mustang dyno. A mustang dynos gonna tell you what ## puttin down on the pavement rather than fairytale numbers that mean nothing.

I was referring to the first part of your statement, which you've deleted. Of course there's a difference between the way those dyno's read, no two are going to be the same.

327.1whp 335.1ftlb

Nice numbers bro!:hellyeah:

That's good for E85, 26psi and a 16g.

Ever think of ditching the intercooler like the other member so you can keep the 32psi throughout the run? Throw some Meth on it and you're back in business and probably get close to 400awhp.:thumb:

No average Joe tuner will be able to keep the E316G ≥30PSI spike too long. Only the rare few.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back