The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

98 GSX Evo3 16G E85

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edis_99Gsx

Probationary Member
Dec 20, 2019
West Fargo, North_Dakota
well I recently bought my 98 gsx with evo3 16g and basic supporting mods dropped it off to my local tuner to retune it on E85 and these are the results! 412AWHP/418tq

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
What boost level do you peak at, and then what do you get at redline?

(Asking to compare) E25 - before Speed Density

What timing and boost? Insane numbers right there. Also did you dyno on pump gas before Eth?

What timing and boost? Insane numbers right there. Also did you dyno on pump gas before Eth?
I think it was around 16* timing and idk about boost my boost gauge wasn’t working and yes he dyno’d it the day before going E85 and on pump 91octane it made 320awhp

What boost level do you peak at, and then what do you get at redline?

(Asking to compare) E25 - before Speed Density
Sorry not sure my boost gauge is not working atm

nice numbers and E85 always gets great results! it seems to be smooth in the power delivery vs a big surge with will be tire friendly and controllable!

is this on the stock block still? I assume this is about where you want to limit it for safety and reliable area for the block itself or are you going to try push for more?

nice numbers and E85 always gets great results! it seems to be smooth in the power delivery vs a big surge with will be tire friendly and controllable!

is this on the stock block still? I assume this is about where you want to limit it for safety and reliable area for the block itself or are you going to try push for more?
Stock block should handle anything a 16g can throw at it. OStar IIRC pushed about 800whp on a stock block. Not saying everyone should try this. I’d say it’s close to max on a normal setup.

Stock block should handle anything a 16g can throw at it. OStar IIRC pushed about 800whp on a stock block. Not saying everyone should try this. I’d say it’s close to max on a normal setup.
I always read that the stock 2G rods can only handle close to 450HP! I know torque has a huge effect on it but i always based it around that i read.
Anyone doing more is just counting down till is granades on itself surely

I always read that the stock 2G rods can only handle close to 450HP! I know torque has a huge effect on it but i always based it around that i read.
Anyone doing more is just counting down till is granades on itself surely
My car already just blew up the other day.. everything was running smooth before that but the stock block did have 160k miles on it so I guess it was it’s time

No way. Dang man sorry to hear that. Do you know what happened?
Yeah it sucks man didn’t last long. And no I haven’t really looked at anything yet but it threw a rod through the block. I should be picking up another block here next week and just ganna build a 2.3 stroker over the winter.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back