The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Finally dyno'd the automatic setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazinglaser_90

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 24, 2005
uniontown, Pennsylvania
Well I finally got around to putting my car on the dyno.

The car made 541 whp and 456 torque on a gt37r set at 34 psi. The car was very conservative with timing and fuel....timing at 15 degrees and air fuels in the 11.4 range with e85. I just did a few pulls at a local dyno day to see what kinda power she makes in the "safe" form I have it.

Note that on the dyno chart the RPM is off for some reason I guess the calibration of the dyno was off I was revving it up to 8500.

Video is soon to follow as soon as the shop posts it up!

Attachments

• dyno pull.jpg
    dyno pull.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 179
I fully plan on taking it to the shootout as long as the weather looks ok for the event. I need to get back to the drawing board on it ough....on the dyno i believe that I found the limits of the stock heads ports with my setup. Can anyone else chime in on that what the flow / hp limits are on the stock head?

Update your profile a little more.

But I'm also interested on the flow rates of a stock 6 bolt head.

This is a stock 1g head with cams and springs and retainers.

I will get around to updating my profile when I am around a computer navigating the site on my phone is a bit hard LOL.

But yea i am pretty interested in the flow rates of a stock head and what the max hp would be on one.

If you made 541/456 through the auto then your setup is very capable of mid-9 second passes with slicks. I only pushed out 438 with the auto setup in my profile and I'm running consistent 10.30s and my car still weighs 2950lbs. Sounds like a fun setup!

I'm curious about your converter and wheel/tire setup... more info?

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kmc4CH4t4S8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kmc4CH4t4S8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Here is the video....only dyno around is 2wd so i had to take my transfercase and driveshaft off to dyno it.

The car has 26 inch hoosier QTP's on it and the converter is a 80 dollar restall from a local tranny shop.

Full setup
eagle rods
JE 8.5:1 pistons
Brian crower 280 cams
manley 1mm oversized valves
stock head ports
DVDTFAB intake manifold
stock throttle body
slowboy racing intercooler kit
aeromotive a1000 fuel pump
FIC 2150cc injectors
Megasquirt 2 ecu
1g tranny with kiggly man-u-matic mod and IPT rebuild kit / shift kit

the 2150's are amazing they start and idle like a dream for me.

I'll get a bunch more pics tomorrow I'll head out to the garage and snap a few after work.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 105
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 122
I'm assuming Megasquirt works great for the FIC 2150's or are you using a Easy-Tune box as well? Not sure if Megasquirt accompany's the Easy-Tune or is useable.

No i am not using an easytune....they dont let you use the easytune with the 2150's. The easytune is just a box that gives a higher voltage to the injectors so they react quicker to the signal from the ecu. The megasquirt is compatible with easytune but my injectors are not LOL.

great inspiration for my thrown bearing rebuild. I'm considering a 2.3 stroker on my automatic, hoping for a better streetability this way.

That's the original Slowboy Racing intercooler from like 2006 LOL and its a DVDTFAB intake manifold I purchased from a friend years ago also it came with the direct port kit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back