The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Finally got on the dyno!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowgsr

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2007
hamilton, ON_Canada
This is my first time doing any real tuning with my car on the dyno. We stopped as it got late (12:30am), and my car is loud.

Boost is 27psi right across, and timing is 13.5-14.5 deg. AFR is 11.2-11.4 all around very conservative. I was using C16. I picked up 0 knock on any run. I will dial it in at the track.

It made 579hp.

YouTube - 579hp @ 27psi

YouTube - 579hp @ 27psi

Im fairly happy, Im not a tuner, but I do all my own tuning. As I said this was the first time I've had it on the dyno to do tuning, so I didn't want to get cocky and hurt the engine. Just taking small steps, learning as I go. Its lots of fun!

EDIT: Looking at the log, I actually see 26.5lbs of boost. On 24.5lbs I made 530, once the turbo started to work in its range, a bit of boost makes a lot more power. It will be fun to see how it reacts once I turn it up more :)

your listed as driving a awd yet to me it looks like your only running fwd on the dyno?.. is that the case?:confused:

That mic is terrible. I thought the whole time the car was breaking up

the rear wheels dont even look to be on the rollers?

alright thanks captain obvious, please tell us all again that its a welded center diff... DUH!... I was just asking if he DID dyno in fwd or what?

guys, I have awesome access to a fwd dynojet that I can use whenever I want. I have a hoist in my garage, or at the dyno shop that I can use to pull the tcase/driveshaft, it takes 20min. I have a welded center diff so I can dyno/drive like this.

I went to the track on this power level, and did ONE shakedown pass. I had my street tires on, and didn't leave the line hard. Heres how the slip looks.

60 - 2.049
330 - 4.945
1/8 - 7.234
MPH - 110.24
1000 - 9.206
1/4 - 10.852
MPH - 141.13

So, at 579hp the car went 141mph. I checked the log from the run, and boost was the same as it seen on the dyno to within 0.5psi. It holds boost very well. This is a full weight 1g as well, It has a full 10pt cage, FULL interior, as well as a a2w IC setup with a 40L watertank.

I was fairly happy, I can't wait to get my QTP's on (that alone will knock 50lbs of rotation weight off from a rim/tire switch), and run some more boost!

Overall the car is running very awesome.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back