The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

CRAracer05 ~ 94 Talon TSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Congrats on the numbers!:rocks: How does the car feel? I’m sure the timing must be super conservative for that torque level, I’d still be happy with that power tho LOL, anything under 400tq is like long term life insurance for the trans:p

Congrats on the numbers!:rocks: How does the car feel? I’m sure the timing must be super conservative for that torque level, I’d still be happy with that power tho LOL, anything under 400tq is like long term life insurance for the trans:p
I've never had a turbo this big so the late spool will take some getting used to, but once you are on boost it pulls insane. I know he kept it really safe with the stock rods and trans. The car drives awesome now though even just general street-ability thanks to Vegas Smith on the idle adjustments and Nate at TPG for the bulk of the tune and finishing touches. Next steps are going to be a new short block and to start building the auto setup.

That’s awesome man, I’m hoping the 6266 is equal to the insanity of the ZERO, I know it’s so common to get used to something and always want more, but I’m hoping I can ease my way in to my current set up and find a way to enjoy it indefinitely, and don’t forget OSTAR Motorsports made 700+ on stock rods, I bet your current tune would last a while, and as far as the auto swap no one can blame you there, I’ll never go that route with my car personally, but these days it certainly makes a hell of a lot of sense, anyways man I’m happy for you and the progress! Hope you continue to enjoy that beast:rocks:

That’s awesome man, I’m hoping the 6266 is equal to the insanity of the ZERO, I know it’s so common to get used to something and always want more, but I’m hoping I can ease my way in to my current set up and find a way to enjoy it indefinitely, and don’t forget OSTAR Motorsports made 700+ on stock rods, I bet your current tune would last a while, and as far as the auto swap no one can blame you there, I’ll never go that route with my car personally, but these days it certainly makes a hell of a lot of sense, anyways man I’m happy for you and the progress! Hope you continue to enjoy that beast:rocks:
I'm sure the 6266 well be awesome, especially since you won't be restricted into a mitsu hot side even at the new 10cm. I really don't like auto that much either but in order to make this thing go down the 1/4 and be semi reliable and not a giant money pit I'm going that route.

Looking for rods and pistons and wanting to go 2.0L long rod with aluminum rods. Trying to find the right part numbers for this setup. R&R or Vader 156mm -bolt rods and Wiseco 1400HD pistons. Running flex-fuel so I'm looking at somewhere between 9-10:1 compression. If these aren't off the shelf anywhere I'm going to reach out to a shop and order a complete setup. Anyone with experience on the setup your input would be appreciated.

R&R Rods
Vader Rods
Pistons

Did some black Friday shopping...

Alto rebuild kit, Kiggly Flexplate, Kiggly 5-disc front clutch, and Kiggly Diff Support Saddle

I sent an email to Jeff Bush a few days ago to get a converter setup and transfer gears, but he hasn't responded back to me yet. Does anyone know the best way to get ahold of him, I don't have Facebook so don't say that.....

Did some black Friday shopping...

Alto rebuild kit, Kiggly Flexplate, Kiggly 5-disc front clutch, and Kiggly Diff Support Saddle

I sent an email to Jeff Bush a few days ago to get a converter setup and transfer gears, but he hasn't responded back to me yet. Does anyone know the best way to get ahold of him, I don't have Facebook so don't say that.....
Good question. I've been trying to reach him via email and FB. No response (and I have purchased all of his billet parts which are anything but cheap).

Very hard guy to reach/communicate with.

Anyone have a phone number or alternate means of contact by chance? Could you call English Racing and get them to contact him to let him know we want parts?

Outside of Morrison Fabrication and extremepsi almost every single DSM vendor I’ve used has horrendous customer service. It’s just a total shitshow, and there’s nothing you can do but wait until these idiots check their email in a week if they even get back to you at all.

Quick update, parts starting to flow in now.

JB/Precision #8 Converter and 1G install kit, trans pan, and t-case brace. Kiggly flexplate, diff saddle, 5-disc front clutch. Shift kit with IPT spring kit. ALTO rebuild kit. Driveshaft loop.

Still need to get welded center diff, and transfer gears.

IMG_4929.jpg IMG_4935.jpg
IMG_4932.jpg IMG_4933.jpg
IMG_4934.jpg

Finally got my transfer gears after months of waiting. My plan was to send my trans, t-case, and rear diff out to TMZ to get rebuilt, but with the unfortunate event that happened with TMZ I'm not sure what route to go now. I also need to find someone in the northeast Ohio area that can do an 8.5 cert roll cage in the car. So if anyone can make some recommendations it would be appreciated.

Finally got my transfer gears after months of waiting. My plan was to send my trans, t-case, and rear diff out to TMZ to get rebuilt, but with the unfortunate event that happened with TMZ I'm not sure what route to go now. I also need to find someone in the northeast Ohio area that can do an 8.5 cert roll cage in the car. So if anyone can make some recommendations it would be appreciated.
Dan Hamilton at Five Star Fab in Litchfield does amazing work if he’d be willing to take it on, however they’re a job shop with a customer base so that kind of fab work availability all depends on how busy they are.

Hey brotha any updates on this thing? Did you find anyone to do a cage for you? Hope all is well :thumb:
Haven't got around to doing much of anything with the car. I have been chasing an oil leak issue at the gauge sending unit. I have the the tee setup with the stock and AEM sending unit and it keeps leaking no matter how a seal it. I have used aluminum and brass fittings. What I finally did last week was pull my oil filter housing and port it as I was seeing over 100psi at cold start idle and on the highway under full boost. This dropped me down to about 80-90 psi versus off the gauge. My hope is the pressure was so high it was blowing out the sealant causing the leak. So I took the car out for a test drive, and after about 15 minutes it started getting hot. It cooled down on the highway off boost and I got home to discover I melted my radiator fan. I 'm running a 10" fan inside the shroud on the turbo side to clear the wastegate. I'm not sure now if the manifold or wastegate was so hot it melted the fan or if it was radiator temperature. I'm getting to the point where the car is never useable no matter how good I fix it.

IMG_6185.jpg

There’s ALWAYS something with these cars LOL, mines currently on jackstands simply waiting for a new slave cylinder cuz my bleeder screw is leaking LOL, but no major issues. Don’t give up! I personally don’t run a fan in that location for that very reason, but despite all the little issues that seem to pop up on maintaining a 700hp 30+ year old car I always seem to sort them out and still get a lot of enjoyment out of the car, I think you’ve got a very nice setup/car, good luck with her:)

There’s ALWAYS something with these cars LOL, mines currently on jackstands simply waiting for a new slave cylinder cuz my bleeder screw is leaking LOL, but no major issues. Don’t give up! I personally don’t run a fan in that location for that very reason, but despite all the little issues that seem to pop up on maintaining a 700hp 30+ year old car I always seem to sort them out and still get a lot of enjoyment out of the car, I think you’ve got a very nice setup/car, good luck with her:)
I wasn't running a fan there at first, but the car starts to overheat after 1-2 big pulls so I added it back. I bought a Motorad high flow 180 and 192 temp thermostat I may try switching to and see if that helps as well. Otherwise I'm thinking of wrapping the wastegate and dump tube, and maybe wrapping the manifold too.

I’m sure all of those things will help, after a few pulls in my car I circulate the heat on full blast which keeps the temps at 196 or lower, if it’s over 80 degrees outside, doing pulls and NOT circulating heat my car will get up there in temps, I pulled the AC because I never used it, here in Wyoming it’s not essential in my opinion, and honestly if it’s a super hot day I just don’t drive the car. It’s already cooling down here, I usually always have the windows down so it’s really never uncomfortable in the car, especially when we get boost weather running the heat feels nice:D

I’m sure all of those things will help, after a few pulls in my car I circulate the heat on full blast which keeps the temps at 196 or lower, if it’s over 80 degrees outside, doing pulls and NOT circulating heat my car will get up there in temps, I pulled the AC because I never used it, here in Wyoming it’s not essential in my opinion, and honestly if it’s a super hot day I just don’t drive the car. It’s already cooling down here, I usually always have the windows down so it’s really never uncomfortable in the car, especially when we get boost weather running the heat feels nice:D
That's hilarious, because I do the same thing. Running the heat makes it almost impossible for the car to overheat.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back