The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

CRAracer05 ~ 94 Talon TSI

1cleangsx

Proven Member
Sep 28, 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Congrats on the numbers!:rocks: How does the car feel? I’m sure the timing must be super conservative for that torque level, I’d still be happy with that power tho LOL, anything under 400tq is like long term life insurance for the trans:p

craracer05

Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2005
Warren, Ohio
Congrats on the numbers!:rocks: How does the car feel? I’m sure the timing must be super conservative for that torque level, I’d still be happy with that power tho LOL, anything under 400tq is like long term life insurance for the trans:p
I've never had a turbo this big so the late spool will take some getting used to, but once you are on boost it pulls insane. I know he kept it really safe with the stock rods and trans. The car drives awesome now though even just general street-ability thanks to Vegas Smith on the idle adjustments and Nate at TPG for the bulk of the tune and finishing touches. Next steps are going to be a new short block and to start building the auto setup.

1cleangsx

Proven Member
Sep 28, 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
That’s awesome man, I’m hoping the 6266 is equal to the insanity of the ZERO, I know it’s so common to get used to something and always want more, but I’m hoping I can ease my way in to my current set up and find a way to enjoy it indefinitely, and don’t forget OSTAR Motorsports made 700+ on stock rods, I bet your current tune would last a while, and as far as the auto swap no one can blame you there, I’ll never go that route with my car personally, but these days it certainly makes a hell of a lot of sense, anyways man I’m happy for you and the progress! Hope you continue to enjoy that beast:rocks:

craracer05

Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2005
Warren, Ohio
That’s awesome man, I’m hoping the 6266 is equal to the insanity of the ZERO, I know it’s so common to get used to something and always want more, but I’m hoping I can ease my way in to my current set up and find a way to enjoy it indefinitely, and don’t forget OSTAR Motorsports made 700+ on stock rods, I bet your current tune would last a while, and as far as the auto swap no one can blame you there, I’ll never go that route with my car personally, but these days it certainly makes a hell of a lot of sense, anyways man I’m happy for you and the progress! Hope you continue to enjoy that beast:rocks:
I'm sure the 6266 well be awesome, especially since you won't be restricted into a mitsu hot side even at the new 10cm. I really don't like auto that much either but in order to make this thing go down the 1/4 and be semi reliable and not a giant money pit I'm going that route.

craracer05

Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2005
Warren, Ohio
Looking for rods and pistons and wanting to go 2.0L long rod with aluminum rods. Trying to find the right part numbers for this setup. R&R or Vader 156mm -bolt rods and Wiseco 1400HD pistons. Running flex-fuel so I'm looking at somewhere between 9-10:1 compression. If these aren't off the shelf anywhere I'm going to reach out to a shop and order a complete setup. Anyone with experience on the setup your input would be appreciated.

R&R Rods
Vader Rods
Pistons

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds