The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Connecting AEM wideband to ECMLink

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSiBOLO

Proven Member
Aug 6, 2016
Milford, Michigan
I have my AEM digital wideband all wired up and working properly (as far as I can tell). The sensor is installed on my test pipe in front of the rear o2 sensor. I am trying to tune for speed density right now before I throw in ID 1050X's, Fuel lab FPR, AEM fuel rail, comp 102s and kiggly SS valve springs. On link it is idling pretty smooth (stock 450s and Walbro 225) but I am still not comfortable to go out and drive. So if anyone can help me getting my wideband logging it would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
You need to disconnect your rear o2 and wire the 0 to 5 volt wire from your wideband to pin 75 on the ecu. Then change the pin settings in dsmlink accordingly.

I have my AEM digital wideband all wired up and working properly (as far as I can tell). The sensor is installed on my test pipe in front of the rear o2 sensor. I am trying to tune for speed density right now before I throw in ID 1050X's, Fuel lab FPR, AEM fuel rail, comp 102s and kiggly SS valve springs. On link it is idling pretty smooth (stock 450s and Walbro 225) but I am still not comfortable to go out and drive. So if anyone can help me getting my wideband logging it would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!
AEM doesn't seem to play well with Link so you have to set it up as a linear wideband function and calibrate it yourself.

which AEM is it. .. also, you can simulate narrow band, it makes tuning easier. AEM hooks up to dsmlink just fine.

is it the one that the sensor hooks to the gauge and then the white 0-5v wire comes from the gague?... because I have that in one of my talons, and the white wire to pin 75 works great. make sure to clip the existing wire and then have only the wideband hooked up to the ecu.

which AEM is it. .. also, you can simulate narrow band, it makes tuning easier. AEM hooks up to dsmlink just fine.

is it the one that the sensor hooks to the gauge and then the white 0-5v wire comes from the gague?... because I have that in one of my talons, and the white wire to pin 75 works great. make sure to clip the existing wire and then have only the wideband hooked up to the ecu.
I have the UEGO gauge with the LSU 4.9 sensor. Don't know if that is good or bad.

Last edited:
yeah, same one i have in the talon. cut the existing wire at the ecu to pin 75 (leave enough to connect the new wire to the ecu. solder the white wire from the gauge (0-5v) to pin 75 on the ecu. I'l check the exact settings in my dsmlink when i get home

in the ecu inputs tab --> pin assignments for datalogging --> change rear o2 to 'AEM Wideband Gauge'
under the pin assignments for ecmlink, change wideband to rear o2.
click 'save pin assignments'
click copy to ecu

enable wbo2 simplation, switchpoint 2.49 volts.
startup options 4 secs delay, 0.0 for the bottom 2.

under the maf clamp tab, enable the 'use manifold pressure (MAP)' checkbox

copy all to ecu

I have is calibrated and idling at 14.7! Followed Corey Jenson's detailed YouTube video. Worked perfectly, just don't forget to uncheck 'Lock in Openloop'. Haha

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back