The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G AEM Wideband wiring to rear O2

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okay, so right now I'm clueless. I totally disabled my wideband and deleted it out of the picture. My buddy's car is at my place cause I'm fixing his car and stole his O2 sensor so I could try running my car in narrowband from the front O2. Obviously that should work. Right? Wrong!!!

So figured it must be the ecu. Dmertz on the Ecmlink forums told me to test the ecu at pins 75 and 92 and the multimeter readings should match the RawRrO2VoltsInput divided by 51. So I got a meter today and tested that. Meter showed 4.9 volts. My raw voltage was 254. Do the math and it matches, and that means ecu is working correctly as well.

I'm stumped. Ecu working right. Narrowband not working, wideband not working, etc. If I didn't connect something on the harness or connected something wrong, would that make it not work right? Just the O2 volts????

Attachments

• Only narrowband.elg
    45 KB · Views: 64
  • Testing ecu voltage.elg
    9.1 KB · Views: 71
Sorry, didn't see that *edit* but that's good it isn't the ECU. My guess, when you plug in the connector at the ECU the pin pushes in and isn't making a good connection. Pull on the back of pin 76 and see if there's any free play inside the connector...

:dsm:

Yeah, all that is good. I guess now the big question. What all could stop the O2 sensor from working? Bad ecu, blown sensor ground, bad O2 sensor, and???

So I'm STILL in the same boat on this thing. Ugghhh...

But I took my wideband completely out of the car and connected the power and ground directly to the battery and then the wideband sensor heated up. Dave on the Link forums doesn't seem to think my ecu is a problem but the stock O2 isn't heating up. Is the stock O2 suppose to heat up like the wideband sensor does? Just trying to figure this out and no one in town seems to know more about these cars than me, so there's no one else I can ask. Lol.

Just to post an update, my wideband was garbage so that's where it now resides. I purchased an Innovate DB blue gauge which is now installed.

Hi LOL

I have an AEM Wideband like you and I just saw that I Have to connect the white wire to the #75 écu pin

Why ?

And, I have a problem with my AFR values, I’m at 15.5:1 at Idle and 10.3:1 charged
Does the problem can be from this wire and my engine regulate by sending more gas?

I don't have this wideband anymore. Was a long time ago that I had it. You actually have to connect 2 wires. You don't have to connect them though if you're not logging on a tuning device. As for the afr's, you'd want "around" a 14.7 afr at idle, and at wot it can depend on the fuel you're using as to the desired afr.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back