The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Can't Get 3' Piping on my 2G? And what do you think a muffler delete would sound like

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXEclipse

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2010
Montrose, California
I went to a muffler shop today, I want 3' piping but the guy told me that because of the way the car is its too hard to bend 3' over the axel? Is this true? Can we get around it?

If not, Im afraid to put a megan muffler on the stock piping cause I don't want a ricey sound. Do you think I should put the megan on the stock piping? :confused:

If not, haha what do you think itll sound like straigh piped all the way back? Muffler DELETE?

If the shop told you that i suggest you go to another shop. 3" exhaust piping DOES work over the axle.
Have 2 friends running it this way.
You can also always run it under the axle, just be careful over speed bumps if you're dropped. Otherwise you're fine.

I went to a muffler shop today, I want 3' piping but the guy told me that because of the way the car is its too hard to bend 3' over the axel? Is this true? Can we get around it?

If not, Im afraid to put a megan muffler on the stock piping cause I don't want a ricey sound. Do you think I should put the megan on the stock piping? :confused:

If not, haha what do you think itll sound like straigh piped all the way back? Muffler DELETE?

Take it somewhere else or order a kit. The exhaust does not go over the axle. It stays below it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sounds like you need a new muffler guy...

The Megan Racing exhausts are 3" (from the cat back) and the downpipes are 2.5" (of of the o2 housing) expanding to 3". Most DSM exhaust manufacturers make a 3" exhaust...it's almost a standard. If you want to hear what a muffler-less exhaust sounds like, run open DP. It would be slightly quieter with a cat/resonator.

If the shop told you that i suggest you go to another shop. 3" exhaust piping DOES work over the axle.
Have 2 friends running it this way.
You can also always run it under the axle, just be careful over speed bumps if you're dropped. Otherwise you're fine.

You mean over the control arm, if he has an axle (AWD) it won't work going over, it has to go under. Tell the shop you called if it is so impossible, why can you buy a plethora of 3" systems on the aftermarket for our car?

Just buy a Megan and be done with it.

i have the stock pipe with a off-brand muffler and a cat delete on my talon, and i think it sounds alright. defninitly no the best way to go tho.. but i have a 3" turbo back on the way!

Yeah he said that he doesnt have the drop down clamps to do it and its too hard to bend the 3' -_-

How do you think a Megan 4' Muffler will sound on stock piping?

Ricey? =/

that was 400 from the o2 housing all the way back with a high flow cat and it was warrantied for 5 years from the shop and they welded the ext waste gate dump up right where it turns under the oil pan

Someone gimme insight on if you think a Megan 4 in will sound ricey on stock piping pleeeease

Honestly I dont want to spend more then $250-300

eBay 3inch cat back is under 200. Sounds ricey because of the 4 inch muffler. I got it cut off and welded a 3 inch cherry bomb muffler on and now it sounds good. Total was like 250. Catback($180) muffler($22) cut and weld ($40). As far as downpipe I would go name brand. The eBay flex pipe will last about a month before developing a nice leak.

I have an Ebay N1 knockoff I bought for $30 and had a shop do 3" Piping. $150 total and it has a deep tone to it not that Honda weedeater sound. They bent the pipe over the control arm.

Someone gimme insight on if you think a Megan 4 in will sound ricey on stock piping pleeeease

Honestly I dont want to spend more then $250-300

no it wont sound "ricey" it didnt in my case at least but it wasnt enough so i went with a full 3inch turboback piping for my old gst for 250 out the door and yes he bent it over the control arm.

point is your muffler guy sux or just didnt wana do it.

and if you are getting the 4inch youll have a silencer to come with it. but if your really not planning on spending more than your limit right now start with a bolt on cat back and call it a day.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back