The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink CAN YOU RUN 98 CAS INSTEAD OF 1G CAS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spawn87

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 6, 2007
sacramento, California
I finally decided to get my 95 talon awd back to live. I have a spare motor that came from a 98 GST so i decided to drop in in the 95. I do have ECM LINK V3 in the car. I know i have to do switch the firing order.

My question is, can I run the 98 CAS like i would the 1g CAS and just click the option on link for inverting the signal?
Ohm racing makes a harness that allows me to plug the CAS to my 95 harness but I just want to see if its an acceptable alternative to running the 1g CAS option.

That's good to hear. Thank you for your help guys. I will make an adapter harness and swap spark plug wires then.
Rewiring or an adapter would work but just FYI that if the intake cam you use is not threaded, you will have to drill and tap to use the 2gb CAS.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back