The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

building a block

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95gsxnj

Probationary Member
Nov 8, 2013
forked river, New_Jersey
Imbgoing to be picking up a junk yard motor for 300 $ a whole complete non turbo 4g63 out of a 92 talon. I aalready have a built head with upgrade everything and a 5 angle valve job with 274/274,cams. Fully ported. I had a few questions. Is the motor in the talon a 6 bolt.

My goals are 450 500 hp with a 8 blade hx35.

What kind of internals should I go with for the block and should I get a forged crank.
I want the block to be able to hold 450-500 with ease. And I'd like to have plenty of room to go as high as 600 max.

Internals forged look at the vendors on here for forged parts, plenty of information on that and the non turbo block, you want to use.

Stock crank is proven to hold more than 1000HP, Traditional H-beam Eagle/Manley rods are good for you build, as well as Ross or Wiseco pistons.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back