The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Bought a 2.0 l turbo with 2 ecu?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colby90laser

Probationary Member
Apr 26, 2019
BLACKFALDS, AB_Canada
I am doing a 1990 laser 4g37 to a 4g63t swap and had purchased a car with rebuilt motor that came with an extra ecu wired into harness. Swap motor is out of a 1991 laser but previous owner said the motor number are not matching so not sure what year motor is but deal was to good to pass up.

First pic is original ecu and second is the extra ecu spliced into harness. If anyone has info on the extra ecu, what it's out of, and maybe why it's in there that would be greatly appreciated.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The second one (MD750093) is a TCU, or transmission control unit, for an automatic transmission, not an ECU.

Thx didn't even think of that, will I need to rewire or change anything computer wise if I'm switching to manual?

Depends on how deep into a full manual swap you are going. At the very least, you will likely need to address pin 104: 1G ECU Pinouts

Note that manual transmission 1G turbo vehicles had a lot of differences compared to those with the automatic transmission, so if you're planning a full manual swap with everything that goes along with it, you might want to consider an ECU from a turbo manual transmission equipped vehicle. One thing you appear to have going for you is that the ECU casing shows that it is an EPROM unit which could be upgraded to utilize ECMLink. I am not absolutely certain, but it makes plenty of sense that you would be able to utilize the ECU from the auto car in your manual setup.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back