The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Boostest vs map sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjd6795

Proven Member
May 14, 2014
Wilsonville, Oregon
So I have done some reading and cant find an answer. Both my boost gauge and map sensor are showing around 15-17 psi at full boost, however the boostest calculated from the mas is reading 33. Why would this be showing basically double what my actual readings are? My first guess would be boost leaks but I fixed all of those and also just installed new fic 1220cc injectors and verified no leaks there. Afr at WOT is almost spot on. Getting 1.1 knock but its targeted 10.1 and I'm logging 10.4 so a little more fuel added will fix that.

Boostest is only accurate at peak VE, so ~5500rpm. Anything outside of that doesn't mean much and you should be focusing on your WB to AFRatioEST relationship instead. To get those to line up you're going to have to calibrate your fuel system by ignoring your 20 dollar analog pressure gauge, the numbers scribed on the side of your injectors, and rather look at those two logged values instead. There's too many variables with the fuel pressure gauge and the advertised injector flow rating to take them as gospel. Remember, they're ONLY numbers. #1 mistake is looking at the gauge, plugging in the global %, and going "yep, that's it" then doing outrageous stuff with the airflow to make it work. The real game here is to get the ECU to be correctly happy, so make it so. Use the tools you have, which in this case is a computer working in milliseconds paired with arguably the most accurate sensor in the car.

The sign of a properly set up dsm and properly calibrated fuel system is having, specifically at ~5500rpm, WB=AFRatioEST and Boost=BoostEST and your mafcomp slider at zero or SD value at 100. If those 3 stars align, you're gold.

Use this link to get you going from where you're at now. http://www.jeffgst.com/boostestcurve.html

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back