The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink Knock WOT pulls

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjd6795

Proven Member
May 14, 2014
Wilsonville, Oregon
Just got my DSMLINK v3 installed yesterday and finally had the time to start cruising and doing some pulls. I noticed it's pretty regular that I get knock ranging from 3-10 any time that I do a WOT pull. I'm very novice at tuning but I did manage to get my idle near perfect my airflowperrev is a little higher at times but I do have a 2.3l. My wideband is being logged and it seems accurate for the most part but during WOT the log shows slightly higher values then the gauge it self.

I didn't take the greatest log not wanting to upset the neighbors and get the cops called LOL but there is a decent 2nd/3rd pull in there. I tried doing the mafcomp adjustment around where the knock appears at and the template just wants to spike the values way up and not a good curve at all.

I have to work in a few hours so if someone could please review the log and point me in the right direction that'd be great. Please let me know what other information you'd like, I tried to log everything that I've read to log.

Attachments

• Knocklog.2020.10.31-06.elg
    262.6 KB · Views: 34
So a couple of things:

It's very simple but often overlooked. Have you physically checked your knock sensor, and made sure it is working properly?

adjust your TPS, you're currently at 0.61v and you need to be in 0.63v at 0% throttle.

Also, I used to get a lot of phantom knock while not being in boost. I have my settings as such
"activate with rpm 3700" and "tps 30%"

do another log when everything is adjusted and report back.

here is a log of mine for reference.

Attachments

• nightpull.elg
    332.3 KB · Views: 31
So a couple of things:

It's very simple but often overlooked. Have you physically checked your knock sensor, and made sure it is working properly?

adjust your TPS, you're currently at 0.61v and you need to be in 0.63v at 0% throttle.

Also, I used to get a lot of phantom knock while not being in boost. I have my settings as such
"activate with rpm 3700" and "tps 30%"

do another log when everything is adjusted and report back.

here is a log of mine for reference.

I have not checked the knock sensor but it could be bad. How can I go about checking it? I was having the same issue with the blackbox ecu but I also changed 70% of the car and was having issues tuning the blackbox I have a feeling my issues are tune related as well. I'm still running stock 2g configs besides injector size adjustments and deadtime and my motor is way different then stock but still runs great other then the knock count.

Yeah I noticed my TPS was a little low but I didnt think it was low enough to hurt anything. I had removed the tps a while back and I guess I set it pretty close just by bolting it back on. I'll adjust it now that I have link.

I do have knock sometimes while cruising if I get in the throttle or let off it stops. Happens mostly on the highway.

Need to change your load scale in the direct access tab to 87% since your a 2.3.
Agree with TPS adjustment and ALS/KNOCK knock sensor control set for " in boost " monitoring.

I have not checked the knock sensor but it could be bad. How can I go about checking it? I was having the same issue with the blackbox ecu but I also changed 70% of the car and was having issues tuning the blackbox I have a feeling my issues are tune related as well. I'm still running stock 2g configs besides injector size adjustments and deadtime and my motor is way different then stock but still runs great other then the knock count.

Yeah I noticed my TPS was a little low but I didnt think it was low enough to hurt anything. I had removed the tps a while back and I guess I set it pretty close just by bolting it back on. I'll adjust it now that I have link.

I do have knock sometimes while cruising if I get in the throttle or let off it stops. Happens mostly on the highway.

On my 1G there's a black goo, once melted the sensor is bad. Here is a pic of a bad vs good one.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

As far as testing goes. I can't really say since it's pretty much a microphone that picks up certain frequencies. I'm sure there is a thread on this site that will help troubleshoot the sensor.

TPS volts wont affect much "per se", but it's a good idea to adjust that since you have link.
Either way try running that values I mentioned, and see if knock is still picking up the same.

Need to change your load scale in the direct access tab to 87% since your a 2.3.
Agree with TPS adjustment and ALS/KNOCK knock sensor control set for " in boost " monitoring.
Got that all setup but didnt notice any different with the load scale change. I adjusted the als/knock for 3k rpm and 20% throttle and sure enough WOT it triggers but anything before that it doesn't throw a cel anymore. I notice my timing dips down really low like -0.6% at one point in the log, other people's log is much higher during WOT.

My afr seems to be fine WOT it just keeps knocking and pulling my timing and making me slower.. I still managed to put a car length on a 2004 STI during a WOT log pull though LOL.

You need to log your map sensor by adding it to your mdp pin assignment. Unclick disable maf compensation under maf comp tab.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back