The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink ECU ECM link help please for my 2g dsm 96 eclips gsx

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dimitryvv

Probationary Member
Jun 15, 2012
Eureka, California
Hey so I got my GSX in March and the same day I got the car the motor threw a rod and the dude would give me my money back or pay to fix it. So I was out of 10k. So I put in A J-spec 4g63t into this car stock internals, but still have everything else. The head with 280/280 cams in the old motor is still good but I don't know how to swap them out yet. But for the mean time I am running stock 4g63t internals. So my problem is to tune the ecu down so that it's not so off time and doesn't run so rich on fuel. I have 1000cc injectors on this thing and a t60-1 turbo. 255 fuel pump and 044 in inline fuel pump, fuel lab fpr. Forced headers and air intake gm maf, ngr bov.

So all that is still on the car with the ecu still doing the map for the old engine. Is there anyone that can do a tune for me for 91 octane for this build? Or give me a hint on what I need to adjust and how to do it. Or if someone can send me a map that can work? Please?

Also can someone give me a way to upload the .elg files onto here?

You will need to make a log or read the tuturials on ecmlink website becuase every car is different.

I have made two logs one for the idle and the other for when I am driving. I am really sceptical about doing this stuff myself since I am not sure what I am doing. It's easyer to mess with this stuff when the car is running right and then tweek it than from the car not running right and I am not sure what it's supposed to be. But either way if you wanna look at the logs and let me know what I need to adjust or make a map for me just let me know and I can email them to you or w/e I am not sure how to send these files on here.

Can you post the log please that would be helpful.

Bottom where you reply.
Hit go advance,
Type your reply etc,
Then below the box to type you will see attach file,
Click browse and find the file on your pc click on it,
It will upload it and attach it to your reply,
Submit reply.
Then we will be able to check out your log. From the fuel system you have listed it sounds like it was setup for e85, in which case if you put regular gas you probly detonated from all the timing and blew it. That is just a possibility though LOL. Post a log and you will get much more help.

Here are the two logs I did with my car a few days ago

any suggestions or mods on these maps?

Attachments

• log.2012.06.13-01.elg
    170.2 KB · Views: 67
  • log.2012.06.13-02.elg
    387.8 KB · Views: 55
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back