The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Big 16g rebuilt 0 miles

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjd6795

Proven Member
May 14, 2014
Wilsonville, Oregon
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Found a turbo on facebook a guy is selling from a dsm part out. It's a 16g that's been freshly rebuilt. Everything is good besides its missing the exhaust housing which my 14b works so all good there. It does come with the j pipe and I offered $170 am I getting a good deal?

If its been rebuilt, try to find out who did the work and ask why it was rebuilt. See if you can check or have pictures sent of any alignment markings to make sure it was put back together properly, especially if it wasnt rebalanced on a rig afterward.
Personally I would be taking it apart anyway to make sure whomever rebuilt it at least did a passable job and kept the insides clean. Small clearances, 150k+ rpm, and crud dont mix.

Thanks guys, sent him a message rethinking the offer. Also asked more about the rebuild. I think hes just done in general with DSM he has a built 7 bolt block among other things as well as a FP Green that's been rebuilt he is selling everything.

There was also this one.. rebuilt by Texas rebuilds and also comes with another rebuild kit

Fb link isnt working. But it's a 16g 20g hybrid MHI tiny nick on compressor blades asking 250

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard pass on that second turbo, compressor housing wasn't machined correctly or is the wrong one for the comp. as you can see from the massive gap between the blades and housing. Also, that blade being messed up isn't confidence inspiring.

This looks like someone whose got some spent junk leftover and is trying to make a few bux before fully bailing TBH.

So far I haven't seen anything other than cores to use and would really only pay as such..

Thanks guys, sent him a message rethinking the offer. Also asked more about the rebuild. I think hes just done in general with DSM he has a built 7 bolt block among other things as well as a FP Green that's been rebuilt he is selling everything.

How much does he want for the green?

Found a turbo on facebook a guy is selling from a dsm part out. It's a 16g that's been freshly rebuilt. Everything is good besides its missing the exhaust housing which my 14b works so all good there. It does come with the j pipe and I offered $170 am I getting a good deal?
I'm not seeing anything here that signifies it's been professionally-rebuilt whatsoever. Might've been disassembled, had a cheap-o parts kit slapped in, then reassembled with no balancing...but there's definitely no cleanup done to any of the essential parts on this unit and missing the turbine housing and actuator I'd place the value under $100.

There was also this one.. rebuilt by Texas rebuilds and also comes with another rebuild kit

Fb link isnt working. But it's a 16g 20g hybrid MHI tiny nick on compressor blades asking 250
Nope.

No actuator, turbine wheel is soaked, wastegate flapper is distorted and needs replaced, whole unit needs rebuilt, and it's a very old unit using what appears to be a Garrett E46 compressor so you'll never find a direct-fit compressor wheel if something were to happen.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back